Black Duck Software Reports Strongest First Quarter In Company History
Focusing on Developer and Automotive Initiatives, Company Adds More Than 50 New Customers
BURLINGTON, Mass., April 18, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Black Duck Software, the leader in open source software knowledge, adoption and governance, today reported significant results for the first quarter of 2012. The company announced that this period was the most successful first quarter in company history, enabling it to sustain its 34 percent compound annual growth rate (CAGR). This success underscores growing enterprise demand for open source software (OSS), the need for solutions to manage OSS use and governance, and the adoption of open source methods and technologies by several industry alliances.
First quarter 2012 milestones included:
- The addition of 54 new customers, adding to the Black Duck customer base of over 1,000. New customers include Sabre Holdings, SecureIQ, and Shunra, representing a diversity of markets including enterprise, energy, electronics and automotive.
- The Olliance Group, a Black Duck company, saw substantial expansion with an increase of 38 percent since first quarter 2011, with especially strong activity in the mobile and automotive sectors. Acquired by Black Duck in 2010, the Olliance Group's growth underscores the value companies place on its OSS strategy and policy consulting services.
- Black Duck announced the 2011 Open Source Rookies of the Year, recognizing the top new open source projects initiated in 2011. For more information, visit www.blackducksoftware.com/rookies.
- Black Duck announced significant investments in its developer community offerings, including Koders.com, the industry's leading code search engine for OSS, and Ohloh.net, the largest free public directory of OSS projects and contributors. In support of this effort, Black Duck announced the addition of two key staff members to help lead developer relations. Dave Gruber joined Black Duck as Director of Developer Product Marketing, and Rich Sands was appointed Director of Developer Communities.
- In the automotive industry, Black Duck became an active member of the GENIVI™ Alliance, a non-profit automotive and consumer electronics industry association that drives collaboration among vehicle manufacturers and suppliers to build OSS infrastructure for in-vehicle infotainment (IVI) systems.
- Collaborating with BearingPoint, the company released results of a survey of the European automotive industry, which demonstrated the pervasiveness of OSS use, its benefits and management challenges. The survey results indicated widespread use and growing adoption of OSS across the European automotive industry software supply chain. For more information about this study, visit http://www.blackducksoftware.com/verticals/automotive/survey.
"We are very pleased by the results of the latest quarter, which underscores the market opportunity for solutions and services that support the management and use of OSS," said Tim Yeaton, Black Duck Software President and CEO. "Our sustained, robust growth can be attributed to the continued and rapidly accelerating adoption of OSS, most recently in industries including automotive, mobile, financial services and IT services."
About Black Duck Software
Black Duck Software is the leading provider of strategy, products and services for automating the management, governance and secure use of free and open source software (FOSS), at enterprise scale, in a multi-source development process. Black Duck® powers Koders.com, the industry's leading code search engine for open source; Ohloh.net, the largest FOSS community and free public directory of open source, and The Olliance Group, the leading open source business and strategy consulting firm. Among the 400 largest software companies in the world, according to Softwaremag.com, the company is headquartered near Boston and has offices in San Mateo, London, Paris, Frankfurt, Hong Kong, Tokyo and Beijing. For more information, visit www.blackducksoftware.com.
SOURCE Black Duck Software
More by this Source
Software Industry Veteran Lou Shipley Named CEO of Black Duck Software
Dec 04, 2013, 16:05 ET
Black Duck Fully Integrates Open Source Consulting Capabilities
Oct 15, 2013, 13:03 ET
Black Duck Maintains Rapid Pace With Record-Breaking Third Quarter
Nov 07, 2013, 09:00 ET
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.