Black Enterprise Women of Power Summit Hosted by State Farm® Kicks-off Feb. 15 in Orlando, Florida
Four-day Executive Leadership Conference Offers a Unique Forum for Women of Color to Network, Share Experiences, and Learn Career Advancement Strategies
NEW YORK, Feb. 9, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- BLACK ENTERPRISE will kick off its seventh annual Women of Power Summit hosted by State Farm® on February 15, 2012 at the Ritz-Carlton Grande Lakes in Orlando, Florida. The four-day event, which will attract up to 700 participants, offers a dynamic program designed to provide women of color the leadership skills and professional guidance necessary to tackle the unprecedented challenges in today's corporate arena. The Summit also serves as a unique forum where attendees can network, share experiences, and learn career advancement strategies from many of the nation's leading female executives.
This year's conference highlights include:
- The Women of Power Legacy Awards dinner honoring those who blazed trails and redefined the standard of success for women of color. This year's recipients are Amsale Aberra, co-founder/co-CEO & creative director, Amsale Design Group; Anita Hill, professor of social policy, law, and women's studies, Brandeis University; Carole Simpson, veteran broadcast journalist; Rachel Robinson, founder, Jackie Robinson Foundation; and legendary singer & activist Dionne Warwick.
- Anita Hill, whose name has been synonymous with sexual harassment for more than two decades, sits down with Black Enterprise Business Report host Caroline Clarke for a revealing, in-depth conversation about conducting a career in political crosshairs
- Money Management & Investing with CNBC Correspondent Sharon Epperson
- Motivational keynote speech from veteran broadcast journalist Carole Simpson and inspirational keynote address from Crawford Ministries founder Dr. Beverly Crawford
- The Women of Power Concert & Dinner featuring entertainment from Grammy-nominated R&B sensation Eric Benet
Sessions and Workshops at this year's Women of Power Summit include:
A First-hand Perspective on Global Business
Managing Sabotage: Negotiating success in an unfriendly environment
The Anti-Social Executive: Step out of your comfort zone to advance your career
The Acceleration Trap: Adjusting your team to the new normal
9 Habits That Make You Happier, Healthier and More Resilient
Social Media Bootcamp
Secrets of Risk Takers & Rule Breakers: Leap from go-getter to game-changer
Embracing Change: How to get unstuck and uncover your next move
Additional speakers include: Pam El, Marketing VP, State Farm; Marcea Bland Lloyd, SVP, chief administrative officer & general counsel, Amylin Pharmaceuticals, Inc.; Dr. Ro, (Rovenia M. Brock, Ph.D.), nutritionist & author; Valorie Burton, founder & director, The CAPP Institute; Valerie Coleman Morris, journalist & financial literacy advocate; Kheri Holland Tillman, vice president, Trade Marketing & Sales Strategy, Heineken; Felicia Guity, general manager, Microsoft; Beverly Johnson, supermodel, actress & entrepreneur; Lara Jordon James, VP, Life Company Marketing, Mass Mutual Financial Group; Chekesha Kidd, president, Aetna Student Health; Gale V. King, EVP, chief administrative officer, Nationwide; Cheryl Lester, regional general manager, Central Florida, Walmart; Cynthia Marshall, president, North Carolina, AT&T; Lisa Opoku Busumbru, COO, Securities Division–Asia, Managing Director, Goldman Sachs; Brooke Reid, managing director, Morgan Stanley; Eve Wright Taylor, VP & associate general counsel, Miami Heat & American Airlines Arena; Stacey Tisdale, author & financial correspondent, PBS newsmagazine Need to Know; Deborah C. Wright, chairman & CEO, Carver Bancorp Inc.; and many more!
Follow the conversation and track Women of Power on Twitter using Hashtags #WOMENOFPOWER and #WPS2012.
For more information or to register for the Black Enterprise Women of Power Summit hosted by State Farm®, visit www.blackenterprise.com/wps. Presenting sponsors include EMC2, Frito-Lay, Gatorade, Pepsi, Quaker, Tropicana and Walmart. Platinum sponsors include Abbott Vascular, AT&T, FedEx, Intel, Macy's, Microsoft, NBCUniversal and Wells Fargo. Corporate Sponsors include Dell, Google, Monster, PepsiCo and VisitOrlando.
BLACK ENTERPRISE, your ultimate source for wealth creation, is the premier business, investing, and wealth-building resource for African Americans. Since 1970, BE has provided essential business information and advice to professionals, corporate executives, entrepreneurs, and decision makers. Every month, BLACK ENTERPRISE magazine provides 4 million readers with information on entrepreneurship, careers, and financial management. A multimedia company, BE also produces radio and television programming, business and lifestyle events, Web content, and digital media. BLACK ENTERPRISE is the definitive source of information for and about African American business markets and leaders, and the authority on black business news and trends.
SOURCE BLACK ENTERPRISE
More by this Source
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.