Black Friday Predictions Reveal Big Savings Ahead for November Holiday Shoppers With the top retailers' Black Friday ad leaks just days away, FatWallet shares their Black Friday forecast for finding the best savings in 2013.
BELOIT, Wis., Nov. 8, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- FatWallet, where savvy shoppers share coupons and earn cash back at over 1,500 stores, says this will be the busiest Black Friday shopping season in history. Their Black Friday Deal Finder is expected to host more than 40,000 holiday deals (48% increase from 2012) featuring sale items from the entire Thanksgiving weekend and Cyber Monday's best selection of deals from hundreds of top stores. The better sales are expected to showcase thousands of items ideal for budget-minded families looking for home needs, clothing, tools and entertainment. With more than 22 stores leaking their Black Friday ads before Nov. 5 and twice as many ads expected to surface before Nov. 15, the trend from the past few years to get holiday advertising out early with more discounted items, continues to ramp up in 2013.
"Many major retailers will showcase more than 1,000 Black Friday deals each with aggressive pricing, and price matching," states Brent Shelton, FatWallet Shopping Expert. "Apple and Samsung will garner a lot of the holiday product buzz, but each year there are great discounts offered from newer brands looking to catch the eyes of Black Friday shoppers.
This year, FatWallet is forecasting a larger selection and assortment of lower priced Black Friday deals. Smart shoppers can purchase everything from quality small appliances to coveted toys for under $20 and still have money to shop for that big screen TV bargain that should be as cheap, or even cheaper than it was in 2012. Complete Black Friday predictions are available at Fatwallet.com and include:
- HDTVs: Expect new 4k TVs to push down the price of older 1080p TVs with some 60" models under $400 and select doorbusters featuring 40-50" TVs to fall lower than $300. Thinner, lighter, higher quality models will be bundled with soundbars, blu-ray players and possibly Netflix or Hulu Plus subscriptions to make for smart hidden savings.
- Laptops: Expect a host of low end laptop models, including Windows 8 touch enabled laptops to drop around $200 as tablets continue to become the more preferred everyday computing device.
- Tablets: Expect Amazon to discount their new Kindle HDX 9" tablet to around $300-$325 to compete with Apple iPads, and Samsung tablets, and shoppers can already find Nexus 7 tablets for under $200.
- Smartphones: Apple's iPhone 5C will be eventually be available for free with a 2 yr contract from select mobile carriers and some "phablets", like Samsung Galaxy Notes and Sony Xperias, are expected to be advertised at their lowest price ever, especially when factoring in FatWallet cash back.
- Deals under $20: Don't under estimate loss-leader bargains as they are what make Black Friday the best time time of year to save the most money. Expect a record selection of deals under $20 (12,000+), half of those under $10 and hundreds of "buy one get one" (B1G1) style of offers from bigbox stores.
- Bundles and Sales: Bundled product deals, whether including extra accessories, software, games, gift cards, store rewards, etc., will be plentiful and some of the best values of the holiday season. Niche apparel brands like Diesel, Kate Spade, Jos A Bank and Columbia will keep making big strides to pull in holiday shoppers with generous, timely online discounting needed to compete with Macy's $10 off all $25 purchases and Kohl's expected 30% off site-wide with additional $15-20 Kohl's cash.
November shoppers will benefit from FatWallet's Early Holiday Deals featuring added savings from hundreds of current online coupons and increased cash back from HP, Dell, Lenovo, Home Depot, Walmart, Amazon and more than 100 other stores participating in the Holiday Cash Back sale. Mobile shoppers can review and shop for all the Black Friday deals and follow the latest news by downloading the Black Friday app (iOS or Android) and by following @BlackFridayFW on Twitter.
About FatWallet: As the preferred online coupons and cash back shopping resource for millions of smart consumers, and home of the Black Friday Deal Finder, FatWallet.com works closely with 1,500+ retailers like Kohl's, Newegg, Walmart and Amazon to publish special offers, discounts, coupon codes and Cash Back rewards to its members. The much celebrated FatWallet forums represent the pulse of an evolving online marketplace where smart consumers gather to share and learn. FatWallet is owned by Performance Marketing Brands (PMB) who owns and operates the world's most rewarding shopping programs. Through its family of distinct websites and reward programs, PMB users can get a great deal and earn money back every time they shop. PMB shoppers are expected to spend over $2 billion through PMB's websites and shopping programs in 2013.