Black Hat Introduces Inaugural Content Review Board Board to Play Strategic Role in Program Development for Information Security Event Series
SEATTLE, May 19, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Black Hat, the world's leading family of information security events, today announced the formulation of its content review board. Comprised of sixteen experts throughout the areas of information security, the review board will advise Black Hat on its strategic direction, assist in reviewing and programming conference content, and provide an extended reach into the research community. Black Hat USA will take place July 30-August 4 at Caesar's Palace in Las Vegas. For more information visit https://www.blackhat.com.
Black Hat's content review board welcomes the following members:
- James Butler, Director of Research and Development at MANDIANT
- Matt Devost, President and CEO of FusionX, LLC
- Mark Dowd, Director of Azimuth Security
- Chris Eagle, Senior Lecturer of Computer Science at the Naval Postgraduate School
- Jeremiah Grossman, Founder and Chief Technology Officer of WhiteHat Security
- Nathan Hamiel, Principal Consultant for FishNet
- Robert Hansen, CEO and Founder of SecTheory
- Christofer Hoff, Director at Cisco Systems
- Vincenzo Iozzo, Student and Independent Security Researcher
- Felix 'FX' Lindner, Owner of Recurity Labs
- Adam Shostack, Principal Program Manager at Microsoft
- Alex Sotirov, Independent Security Researcher
- Alex Stamos, coFounder and CTO of iSEC Partners
- Robert J. Stratton III, Independent Security and Strategy Consultant
- Yuji Ukai, CEO of Fourteenforty Research Institute, Inc
- Alex Wheeler, Independent Security Researcher
- Stefano Zanero, Assistant Professor at Politecnico di Milano & founder, Secure Network
"We're very serious about peer review at Black Hat," said Jeff Moss, founder of Black Hat. "We're excited to bring this influential group of experts together in order to review and advise on the latest in cutting-edge research."
The world's most significant security event brings together thought-leaders from around the world to dissect the latest security trends. This year Black Hat USA 2011 will host digital security experts, bringing together public and private sector security professionals and underground hackers in Las Vegas to uncover groundbreaking new vulnerabilities and new security tools debuting for the first time.
Black Hat provides briefings and training to leading corporations and government agencies around the world. Black Hat differentiates itself by working at many levels within the corporate, government, and underground communities. This unmatched informational reach enables Black Hat attendees to be continuously aware of the newest vulnerabilities, defense mechanisms, and industry trends. Black Hat Briefings and Trainings are held annually in Abu Dhabi, Barcelona, Las Vegas, and Washington DC. Black Hat is produced by UBM TechWeb. More information is available at http://www.blackhat.com.
UBM TechWeb, the global leader in technology media and professional information, enables people and organizations to harness the transformative power of technology. Through its three core businesses – media solutions, marketing services and paid content – UBM TechWeb produces the most respected and consumed brands and media applications in the technology market. More than 14.5 million business and technology professionals (CIOs and IT managers, Web & Digital professionals, Software Developers, Government decision makers, and Telecom providers) actively engage in UBM TechWeb's communities and information resources monthly. UBM TechWeb brands include: global face-to-face events such as Interop, Web 2.0, Black Hat and Enterprise Connect; award-winning online resources such as InformationWeek, Dark Reading, and Network Computing; and market-leading magazines InformationWeek, Wall Street & Technology, and Advanced Trading. UBM TechWeb is a UBM plc. company, a global provider of news distribution and specialist information services with a market capitalization of more than $2.5 billion.
SOURCE UBM TechWeb