LEWISVILLE, Texas, April 6, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- In response to the growing demand for rebate promotions—from retailers and consumers alike—Blackhawk Engagement Solutions announced a suite of rebate innovations that will make the promotions more valuable than ever before and in line with the omnichannel, instant gratification expectations of today's shopper.
Blackhawk Engagement Solutions' "Where It's At: a Connected Shopper Study" shows that across retail categories, shoppers would prefer a higher value rebate versus some lower value offers. Additionally, 68 percent of shoppers said rebates are an attractive offer in-store and 65 percent said rebates are an attractive offer when shopping online.
"Rebates have grown in popularity with consumers over the last handful of years as savvier post-recession shoppers have found greater value in the deeper discounts rebates can offer versus other promotions," said Rodney Mason, GVP of Marketing at Blackhawk Engagement Solutions, an international incentives and engagement company with a history of transforming and modernizing rebates. "Retailers have a renewed interest in rebates because of this consumer demand. In response, we are very excited to announce our new rebate offerings that will once again deepen the value and reach of these promotional vehicles and integrate them further into the omnichannel shopping experience. Rebates give retailers the best of both worlds: they drive store and site traffic with the promise of best-in-market prices, but protect margins because not all shoppers redeem."
Blackhawk's new rebate processing offerings, with advanced patent-pending technology, include:
- Rewards with exclusive 10 percent back when spent at the issuing retailer: Rebates paid out to consumers on prepaid cards, which offer 10 percent back when the card is spent at the issuing retailer—driving greater spend-back of reward dollars to the retail sponsor.
- Loyalty auto-enroll: Allowing customers to automatically enroll in a retailer's loyalty program while providing information required for the rebate redemption, significantly reducing the retailer's cost per loyalty acquisition.
- Instant redemption: Consumers use unique redemption codes provided to the retailer by Blackhawk. Instant rebate validation can be confirmed during the rebate process.
- Instant Opt-In for Savings Messages: Customers who opt-in for more value offers during the rebate submission process can be automatically loaded in to the retailer's savings CRM promotion communications, which can immediately send savings campaigns to such customers.
- Dynamic offer rebates: Upon completion of an online rebate submission, shoppers are offered an add-on deal or discount from the promotion sponsor; these offers can be dynamically customized based on shopper profile.
- Customer surveys: Customers can be asked survey questions during the rebate submission process, which make them eligible for bonus rewards and custom offers.
- Single sign-on/auto-populate rebates: A customer's login to the retailer's website transfers seamlessly to the rebate redemption page and auto-populates the rebate submission questions for a faster experience.
- Social rewards rebates: Customers can earn bonus rewards for sharing their savings socially.
Blackhawk Engagement Solutions' rebate innovations are patent pending and will be joining Blackhawk's patented innovations like ClickChoice, which provides consumers with multiple reward options at the time of redemption.
To read more about the rebate innovations visit canyourrebatedothis.com.
About "Where It's At: a Connected Shopper Study"
Where It's At: a Connected Shopper Study is an Internet-based survey conducted by Blackhawk Engagement Solutions in April 2015 to identify how and where consumers are using connected technologies to discover, filter and shop. The sample size included 2,608 adults, representing the general US population.
About Blackhawk Engagement Solutions
Blackhawk Engagement Solutions is a leading global provider of customized incentive and engagement solutions for consumer promotions, employee rewards and recognition, and indirect sales channels. We are a strategic partner with many of the world's leading brands and a thought leader that provides game-changing engagement solutions. Through our products, services and innovative technology, we inspire actions that impact results. For more information, please visit: www.bhengagement.com.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/blackhawk-engagement-solutions-revolutionizes-rebates-again-300246632.html
SOURCE Blackhawk Engagement Solutions