ARLINGTON, Va., July 28, 2014 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Bloomberg BNA and Baker & McKenzie, in association with the Tax Management Education Institute, announced the latest in a series of Transfer Pricing Conferences. The Canada Transfer Pricing Conference, which follows Conferences in Paris and Washington, D.C., will feature senior government, industry, and transfer pricing experts from around the world, and will cover significant transfer pricing developments from Canadian, U.S. and global perspectives. The conference takes place in Toronto on September 29 and 30 at TIFF Bell Lightbox with hotel accommodations at Hotel Le Germain.
"Multinational companies cannot afford to ignore Canada when it comes to transfer pricing," said Molly Moses, Managing Editor for Bloomberg BNA Tax & Accounting's Transfer Pricing Report. "The Canadian Revenue Authority (CRA) has been very active regarding transfer pricing, and this conference will arm attendees with actionable insights and intelligence they can use to help their organizations effectively navigate the rapidly changing landscape in Canada."
The conference will discuss topics such as the diverging economic views between the CRA and IRS, how taxpayers can navigate these disparities, managing controversies with the CRA, Canada's stance on the treatment of intangible property in the context of the OECD's work, and updates on the OECD's September deadline on several BEPS action plan items.
The event will also provide an overview of the evolving impact on transfer pricing resulting from precedent-setting Canadian court rulings. The Honourable Mr. Justice Marshall Rothstein of the Supreme Court of Canada, who wrote the landmark opinion in Canada v. GlaxoSmithKline Inc., will deliver the keynote address on the first day of the conference.
Anticipated additional speakers include:
- Brian Ernewein, General Director of Legislation, Department of Finance Canada, Tax Policy Branch
- Michelle Levac, Transfer Pricing Specialist, Canada Revenue Agency, Chair of Working Party No. 6
- Richard McAlonan, former Director, Advance Pricing and Mutual Agreement Program at the Internal Revenue Service; Director of National Tax Transfer Pricing Controversy, Ernst & Young
- Sue Murray, Director, Competent Authority Services Division, Canada Revenue Agency
- Carlos Pérez-Gomez Serrano, Head of Transfer Pricing, Mexican Tax Administration Services
- Robert Stack, Deputy Assistant Secretary, International Tax Affairs, Office of Tax Policy, U.S. Department of the Treasury
Conference information, including the full agenda and registration, is available online.
About Bloomberg BNA
Bloomberg BNA, a wholly owned subsidiary of Bloomberg, is a leading source of legal, regulatory, and business information for professionals. Its network of more than 2,500 reporters, correspondents, and leading practitioners delivers expert analysis, news, practice tools, and guidance — the information that matters most to professionals. Bloomberg BNA's authoritative coverage spans a full range of legal practice areas, including tax & accounting, labor & employment, intellectual property, banking & securities, employee benefits, health care, privacy & data security, human resources, and environment, health & safety.
SOURCE Bloomberg BNA