ARLINGTON, Va., Nov. 10, 2016 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Bloomberg BNA today announced that it will be hosting a post-election tax update at the National Press Club in Washington, D.C. on Tuesday, November 15, from 11:15 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Co-sponsored by KPMG LLP, the audit, tax and advisory firm, the program, After the Election: Tax Overhaul for 2017?, will also be available via live streaming. To attend the event in person or for live streaming information, visit http://www.bna.com/After-the-Election.
Tax leaders from Capitol Hill and other leading tax policy practitioners will share their perspectives from the election and provide a look ahead regarding both U.S. and international tax issues. Panel discussions will focus on the Treasury Department's new agenda, how the election results will influence Congressional tax policy, and the impact of recent international tax developments such as the Base Erosion and Profit Shifting (BEPS) recommendations—including country-by-country reporting—on U.S. multinational companies.
Representative Kevin Brady (R-Tex.), chairman of the House Ways and Means Committee, is scheduled to deliver the keynote address. Other featured speakers include:
- Barbara Angus, Chief Tax Counsel, House Committee on Ways and Means
- Patrick Brown, Vice President, Tax, GE Power, GE Energy Connections, and GE Renewable Energy
- Manal Corwin, National Leader, KPMG's International Tax practice and Principal-in-Charge of International Tax Policy in the firm's Washington National Tax practice
- Ronald Dabrowski, principal, KPMG's Washington National Tax practice and Technical Deputy to the practice's Principal-in-Charge
- Victor Fleischer, Co-Chief Tax Counsel, Senate Finance Committee
- John Gimigliano, Principal-in-Charge, KPMG's Federal Tax Legislative & Regulatory Services, Washington National Tax practice
- Greg Jenner, Partner, Stoel Rives, and former Acting Assistant Secretary of the U.S. Treasury for Tax Policy and Deputy Assistant Secretary for Tax Policy, U.S. Treasury Department
- Joe Mikrut, Partner, Capitol Tax Partners and former Acting Assistant Secretary for Tax Policy, U.S. Treasury Department
- Mark Prater, Republican Chief Tax Counsel, Senate Finance Committee
- H. David Rosenbloom, Member, Caplin & Drysdale and former International Tax Counsel and Director of the Office of International Tax Affairs, U.S. Treasury Department
- Louise Weingrod, Vice President, Tax, Johnson & Johnson
- Lisa Zarlenga, Co-chair of Tax Policy, Steptoe & Johnson LLP and former Tax Legislative Counsel at the U.S. Treasury Department's Office of Tax Policy
A roundtable featuring Bloomberg BNA and Bloomberg News tax reporters will cover the broad implications of the election and the salient issues for business.
About Bloomberg BNA
Bloomberg BNA provides legal, tax and compliance professionals with critical information, practical guidance and workflow solutions. We leverage leading technology and a global network of experts to deliver a unique combination of news and authoritative analysis, comprehensive research solutions, innovative practice tools, and proprietary business data and analytics. Bloomberg BNA is wholly-owned by Bloomberg L.P., the global business, financial information and news leader. For more information, visit www.bna.com.
About KPMG LLP
KPMG LLP, the audit, tax and advisory firm (www.kpmg.com/us) is the U.S. member firm of KPMG International Cooperative ("KPMG International"). KPMG International's member firms have 174,000 professionals, including more than 9,000 partners, in 155 countries.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/bloomberg-bna-and-kpmg-present-live-and-streaming-post-election-tax-update-on-november-15-300360732.html
SOURCE Bloomberg BNA