HOUSTON and ARLINGTON, Va., Aug. 1, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Bloomberg BNA and Mayer Brown LLP today announced they are co-hosting their 3rd Annual Energy Tax Conference, focused on helping finance and tax executives at energy companies in their ongoing efforts to add incremental value to their organizations' bottom lines. The conference will be held on September 19-20 at the Hyatt Regency in downtown Houston. Registration for the 2016 Energy Tax Conference: Maximizing Value is available at http://on.bna.com/cRMu302qG7y. Conference attendees are eligible for up to 13 CPE/CLE credits.
Government officials, policy makers, industry leaders and advisors will address topics including: capital restructuring; the implementation of the BEPS action plan; drafting intercompany agreements; energy tax issues in Latin America; and best practices for driving legislative and regulatory changes. Conference highlights include:
- Keynote addresses by:
- US Congressman Kevin Brady (R-TX), Chairman, House Ways & Means Committee and the Joint Economic Committee
- David Stover, Chairman, President & CEO, Noble Energy, Inc.
- Bruce Culpepper, President, Shell Oil Company
- Tina Meaux, Director of the Central Compliance Area, Large Business and International Division, Internal Revenue Service, Houston
- A special best practices roundtable hosted in conjunction with the Houston chapter of the Tax Executives Institute (TEI) featuring CFOs and Vice Presidents of Tax who will share their perspectives on managing risk, how to operate most effectively within an organization, and how the tax and finance functions can support a company in maximizing value.
"You will not find another tax conference like the Energy Tax Conference," said Shawn O'Brien, Tax Partner, Mayer Brown. "We have assembled chief executives of energy companies, high-ranking tax executives, leaders of congressional committees, and IRS national office executives to share their experiences with complex tax issues facing energy companies."
Conference panels include:
- Important Tax Considerations When Reacting to the Down Market
- Tax Policy Workshop: Best Practices for Affecting Legislative and Regulatory Change
- Implementation of BEPS
- The Importance of Well-Drafted Intercompany Agreements in Tax Planning
- Meeting US and Global Transfer Pricing Requirements
- What's New in the MLP Space?
- Trending IRS Tax Controversy Issues Facing the Energy Industry
- Managing a Tax Department Under the Current Financial Audits and PCAOB Environment
- International Market Developments
- A Review of State Oil and Gas Tax Cases
- Latin American Market Update
- States' Reactions to Decreasing Oil Prices
"Working hand in hand with Mayer Brown, we have once again brought together a top-notch roster of speakers who are uniquely positioned to help energy company finance and tax professionals navigate a dynamic landscape," said Scott Mozarsky, President, Cross-Platform Businesses, Bloomberg BNA. "This conference will help attendees proactively manage the growing number of internal and external pressures they are facing today, and arm them with the insights and guidance they need to make positive contributions to the bottom line."
Event sponsors are tax consulting firm Kelly S Mathews LLC and global tax firm Ryan.
About Bloomberg BNA
Bloomberg BNA, a wholly owned subsidiary of Bloomberg, is a leading source of legal, regulatory, and business information for professionals. Its network of more than 2,500 reporters, correspondents, and leading practitioners delivers expert analysis, news, practice tools, and guidance — the information that matters most to professionals. Bloomberg BNA's authoritative coverage spans a full range of legal practice areas, including tax & accounting, labor & employment, intellectual property, banking & securities, employee benefits, health care, privacy & data security, human resources, and environment, health & safety.
About Mayer Brown
Mayer Brown is a global legal services organization advising clients across the Americas, Asia, Europe and the Middle East. Our presence in the world's leading markets enables us to offer clients access to local market knowledge combined with global reach. We are noted for our commitment to client service and our ability to assist clients with their most complex and demanding legal and business challenges worldwide. We serve many of the world's largest companies, including a significant proportion of the Fortune 100, FTSE 100, CAC 40, DAX, Hang Seng and Nikkei index companies and more than half of the world's largest banks. We provide legal services in areas such as: banking and finance; corporate and securities; litigation, arbitration, and other dispute resolution; antitrust and competition; US Supreme Court and appellate; employment and benefits; environmental; financial services regulatory and enforcement; government and global trade; intellectual property; real estate; tax; restructuring, bankruptcy and insolvency; and wealth management.
Mayer Brown's global Tax practice consists of approximately 140 lawyers in offices around the world and covers every aspect of corporate, partnership and individual taxation in the United States, Europe, Brazil and Singapore, including taxation of domestic and cross-border issues at the national, state and local tax levels. The firm represents some of the world's leading businesses in a wide range of matters including transactions, consulting and planning, administrative appeals and litigation, and transfer pricing. Mayer Brown's Tax practice has received numerous accolades over the years, and was named "Tax Practice Group of the Year" by Law360 in 2015. The firm also was named "Tax Controversy Team of the Year" in the Legal 500 United States Awards 2015 and 2014. In addition, Mayer Brown was named "North America Tax Disputes Firm of the Year" at International Tax Review's 2015 Americas Tax Awards.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/bloomberg-bna-and-mayer-brown-to-host-3rd-annual-tax-conference-for-energy-professionals-in-houston-september-19-20-300306944.html
SOURCE Bloomberg BNA