Bloomberg BNA|CITE Conference Offers Multinational Companies Tools for Managing Complex Cross-Border Tax Issues
ARLINGTON, Va., July 8, 2012 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Multinational companies doing business overseas face complex and changing U.S. international tax issues. Bloomberg BNA | CITE will host Intermediate U.S. International Tax Update, a live conference that will offer corporate tax directors and managers, accountants and CPAs, attorneys, and other corporate finance executives practical solutions to complex cross-border tax issues, including an in-depth look at U.S. foreign tax credit, Subpart F, and cross-border merger-and-acquisition transactions.
Intermediate U.S. International Tax Update will be offered twice this summer: July 11-13 at the Morgan Lewis Conference Center in Philadelphia, Pa., and August 22-24 at the Radisson Plaza Hotel in Minneapolis, Mn.
Intended for corporate finance executives with some previous exposure to the subject, this conference will upgrade attendees' skills in identifying key tax issues in cross-border acquisitions and repatriating income from overseas.
"This conference will provide attendees with a complete look at evolving issues," said Diane Pastore, Executive Director at Bloomberg BNA | CITE. "They'll learn about the latest interest and R&D expense apportionment rules for foreign tax credit and domestic production activities, and they'll examine the latest changes to the Subpart F branch rules and investments in U.S. property."
Attendees will also examine new cost-sharing rules, disclosure of uncertain tax positions, the transfer pricing controversy and competent authority, and transfer pricing on intercompany services and intangibles.
Various sessions will address doing business abroad in branch, partnership, and corporate form; understanding the foreign currency rules; and identifying direct and indirect foreign tax credits and Section 904 limitations.
By attending this two-and-a-half-day conference, attendees will:
- Learn how the 2010 Obama tax legislation can affect international tax planning for companies in 2012
- Determine the most tax-efficient vehicles for investing overseas
- Understand how foreign exchange gain (loss) is computed for cross-border operations
- Discover U.S. tax recapture consequences of a dual consolidated or branch loss and an overall foreign or domestic loss
- Understand the latest IRS rules under Sec. 987 for taxing payments between foreign corporate disregarded entities
- Learn how to compute foreign tax credit benefits for separate basket income using look-through rules
- Learn how to plan for the migration of intangibles and implement a cost-sharing agreement under the latest IRS regulations
- Ascertain how a cross-border merger or acquisition can trigger gain recognition and affect future distributions from the foreign target
- Determine the U.S. tax consequences of selling CFC shares under the Sec. 1248 recharacterization rules
For pricing and to register, go to www.bna.com, or call (914) 328.5656 for information on special group rates.
About Bloomberg BNA
Bloomberg BNA, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Bloomberg, is a leading source of legal, regulatory, and business information for professionals. Its network of more than 2,500 reporters, correspondents, and leading practitioners delivers expert analysis, news, practice tools, and guidance - the information that matters most to professionals. Bloomberg BNA's authoritative coverage spans the full range of legal practice areas, including tax & accounting, labor & employment, intellectual property, banking & securities, employee benefits, health care, privacy & data security, human resources, and environment, health & safety. www.bna.com
SOURCE Bloomberg BNA
More by this Source
Bloomberg BNA Publishes 2013-2014 Books Catalog
Jun 13, 2013, 09:48 ET
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.