MIAMI, Oct. 4, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- BLU Products, one of the fastest growing mobile phone manufacturers in the world announced today an addition to their popular STUDIO series of Android smartphone devices, with the Studio 5.5, now currently shipping, making way to dealers and retailers.
"We love making big phones, and making them affordable to the mass market," said Samuel Ohev-Zion, CEO, BLU Products. "We believe in the trend for larger screens, it lets you see and do everything on your smartphone as a heightened experience, and at the same time it's becoming a fashion statement. We are doing it in style with plenty of colors for our loyal fans to choose from, in addition to our dedication and focus on performance."
The STUDIO 5.5 features a 5.5 inch FWVGA LCD and slim profile of just 9.5mm which makes handling the device extremely comfortable. In addition, the STUDIO 5.5 is powered by a 1.2GHz Quad-Core processor with 4G HSPA+ 42Mbs connectivity, 5.0 Mega Pixel autofocus camera with LED Flash and 1080p HD video recording, along with an expandable micro-SD slot up to 32GB, 1GB RAM, and Dual SIM functionality. Future software updates and upgrades will be automatically downloaded through BLU's over-the-air Wireless Update Feature.
Running on stock Android Jelly Bean v4.2, The Studio 5.5 smartphone device will be available in 5 different colors at just $179.00 retail, as the company focuses on assisting the "Bring Your Own Device" no-contract movement in the U.S. and will be sold unlocked at major retailers such as Amazon.com and Best Buy, as well as thousands of Operator and MVNO Dealer stores throughout the U.S.
Furthermore, the Studio 5.5 will also be available throughout 30 countries in Latin America, including Brazil and Mexico with several operator and retailer partners.
Full Specifications Include:
- Network: 2.5G (GSM/GPRS/EDGE) 850/900/1800/1900 MHz, 3G (HSPA+ 42Mbps) 850/1900, 850/2100
- Display: TFT Capacitive Touchscreen, with 5.5 inch 480 x 854 pixel LCD
- Processor: MediaTek MT6589 Quad-Core 1.2GHz Cortex-A7 with PowerVR SGX544 GPU
- OS: Android v4.2 Jelly Bean
- Camera: Rear – 5.0 megapixel, autofocus with LED Flash, Front – VGA, Video Record 1080p @ 30fps, Geo-tagging, touch focus, face detection, panorama, HDR, image stabilization
- Connectivity: WiFi b/g/n, GPS, Bluetooth v4.0, Hotspot, micro-USB, FM Radio
- Sensor: Accelerometer, Proximity, Gyro
- Memory: 4GB internal memory + microSD slot expandable up to 32GB, 1GB RAM
- Dimensions: 157 x 79.5 x 9.5, 184 grams
- Battery: Li-Ion 2250mAh
- Colors: Slate-Grey, Cyan-Blue, Neon-Yellow, Fashion-Fuchsia, Ceramic-White
About BLU Products
BLU Products, founded in 2009, designs and manufacturers affordable, attractive and innovative mobile devices to suit a wide variety of consumer needs. Over ten million BLU mobile devices have been sold in over 40 countries. Headquartered in Miami, Florida, BLU is pioneering the advancement of the prepaid and no-contract revolution by providing a vast portfolio of advanced unlocked mobile phones at incredible pricing to thousands of dealer agents, MVNO's, and large retailers throughout the United States and Latin America. For more information, visit: www.bluproducts.com
BLU Products Contact:
Carmen Gonzalez, Channel Marketing Manager, USA
SOURCE BLU Products