CHICAGO, Nov. 3, 2016 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Illinois (BCBSIL) will offer on- and off- exchange health insurance plans for individuals in every county of the state in 2017. In addition to the Blue Precision HMO℠ and Blue Choice Preferred PPO℠ - the only on-exchange PPO to be offered in Illinois, BCBSIL will offer the new Blue FocusCare℠ plan, a targeted HMO network focusing on integrated, coordinated care for members at a lower price point, available only in Cook County.
BCBSIL will also continue to offer Blue Care Direct℠, an exclusive network health plan that offers members access to Advocate Health Care's 3,700 primary care and specialty physicians across Cook, DuPage, Lake, Kane and Will counties.
"Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Illinois is committed to helping consumers understand their enrollment options so they can obtain the best possible coverage to meet their needs," said Maurice Smith, president, BCBSIL.
Illinois residents can visit www.bcbsil.com to learn more about the health plans offered and sign up for coverage as soon as today with the kick-off of 2017 open enrollment. BCBSIL offers multiple resources to assist members every step of the way. There are Think Blue events and multiple resources on the website, such as the Insurance Basics and Connect pages.
Plans that Meet Member Needs and Budgets
BCBSIL offers three levels of health care plans on and off the Illinois Health Insurance Marketplace – bronze, silver and gold – all including similar and required essential health benefits.
- Bronze-level plans will have the lowest monthly premium, but may also have the highest out-of-pocket costs. The plan typically covers approximately 60 percent of the cost of covered services, and the member pays the remaining, approximately 40 percent.
- Silver-level plans have a slightly higher monthly premium than bronze, but have richer benefits. In many cases, the plan pays approximately 70 percent, and the member pays approximately 30 percent. Cost sharing reductions are only available on silver-level plans.
- Gold-level plans have an even higher level of benefits than silver, but also a higher monthly premium. The plan pays approximately 80 percent, and the member pays approximately 20 percent.
Available only off-exchange, Blue Precision Platinum HMO℠, as a platinum level plan, offers the highest level of benefits and generally has a monthly premium higher than a gold plan.
Member premiums and out-of-pocket costs will vary depending on the health coverage options members choose. Many residents may also be eligible for federal subsidies to help offset health care costs. As of December 2015, 79 percent of on-exchange BCBSIL members received a subsidy to offset the total premium they pay. Consumers, if eligible, can calculate the estimated amount for which they may qualify, by visiting BCBSIL's subsidy estimator, available in both English and Spanish.
Added Benefits and Conveniences
All BCBSIL health coverage includes prescription drug coverage, featuring the preferred pharmacy network, which offers benefit designs with as low as $0 co-pays and includes more than 1,100 pharmacies across the state.
In addition, BCBSIL offers a variety of programs and resources to help members get the most value from their benefits and help reduce costs, including:
- Retail Shopping Cart: Helps consumers to compare every health insurance option that we offer, shop by price, and get help to find the plan that's right for them;
- BCBSIL Provider Finder®: Members are able to research and select an in-network provider for their needs based on location, as well as view industry-respected, third-party quality indicators, costs and patient-submitted reviews on the website;
- A 24/7 Nurseline: Members can speak with registered nurses about health concerns, common health information and receive tips and advice on where to go to receive necessary care;
- Blue Access for Members℠: Provides members access to information about their policy, including status of claims, alerts, temporary ID cards, and more. This also includes Blue Access Mobile℠, which allow members to find a doctor, hospital or urgent care facility in addition to benefit information;
- Lower urgent care copays that are the same amount as primary care provider copays for members who use urgent care clinics as opposed to emergency room visits, when appropriate; and
- Lower out-of-pocket costs for using a freestanding outpatient facility instead of a hospital.
For additional information about plans and resources offered during 2017 open enrollment, visit www.bcbsil.com.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/blue-cross-and-blue-shield-of-illinois-announces-2017-marketplace-open-enrollment-options-300356611.html
SOURCE Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois