Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Illinois Grant Window Open Through March 21 Now accepting applications for Community Partners Grants and Healthy Kids, Healthy Families Grants
CHICAGO, Feb. 25, 2014 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Illinois (BCBSIL) is accepting applications for Community Partner Grants (CPG) and Healthy Kids, Healthy Families (HKHF) grants now through March 21, 2014.
For over 77 years, BCBSIL has supported communities throughout Illinois by investing in non-profit direct service providers committed to improving the health and lives of people in Illinois.
"We know that the health and wellness of a community and its residents can be positively transformed when resources are directed to organizations with the knowledge and community presence to enhance access to care, address health disparities, and create innovative community based coordinated care models," says Clarita Santos, director of Community Health Initiatives, BCBSIL. "We are encouraging 501(c) 3 organizations, in Illinois, to apply for either a CPG or a HKHF grant."
Community Partners Grants support innovative direct service programs dedicated to improving health system objectives in under-served communities in Illinois. Needs that emerge in communities are diverse; therefore, BCBSIL is interested in how well local organizations uniquely understand the health needs of their constituents and develop and implement strategies to improve these conditions. CPG areas of focus are:
1. Increasing access to health care
2. Increasing care coordination
3. Enhancing health literacy
4. Addressing behavioral and social determinants of health and health disparities
5. Implementing health care reform
Healthy Kids, Healthy Families (HKHF) focuses on promoting health and wellness of families across the life course. Studies show that family and community support in health and in crisis can positively impact one's physical and emotional well-being and reinforce healthy behaviors that maintain good health. BCBSIL is interested in funding programs that promote health through the following strategies:
1. Nutrition education
2. Physical activity
3. Disease prevention and management
4. Safe Environments
The award ranges for CPG and HKHF grants is $20,000-100,000. Funding is for one year only and commences July 1, 2014 for 12 months. There is no automatic renewal funding for previously funded organizations. Organizations must submit new proposals each year.
All organizations must meet the following criteria to be considered for a grant from BCBSIL:
- Services provided in the state of Illinois Incorporated as a not-for-profit organization and have been delivering services for at least 1 year at the time of application submission.
- Established as a 501(c)3 and in compliance with federal and state regulations and Requirements
- Operates under a non-discrimination policy
- Governed by an all-volunteer Board of Directors in which Board members are not compensated for service
To apply, complete a funding application: http://www.bcbsil.com/company_info/community/grant.html
Questions about the application process for grant funding or sponsorships may be directed to Kathleen Cangemi at Kathleen_cangemi@bcbsil.com.
SOURCE Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois