CMS created the stars system to help consumers shop smart and identify top-performing Medicare Advantage and Prescription Drug Plans. They rate plans in categories like health screenings, chronic condition management, drug pricing and patient safety, and customer service.
"We have offered people with Medicare quality, affordable Medicare options for over 50 years, and this year we are thrilled to receive 5 stars from CMS for two out of three of our plans. We are also proud that we received 5 stars for customer service for all three plans," said Ken Arruda, Executive Director of Medicare Markets for Blue Cross. "We encourage everyone to take a close look at our top-rated plans and find one that works best for them."
In addition to receiving top honors from CMS, we also received top quality ratings from the National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA). Last month, NCQA rated our Medicare HMO and PPO plans 4.5 out of 5, putting them among the highest-rated Medicare plans in the nation for quality.ii
Blue Cross is offering a broad suite of Medicare options for the 2017 open enrollment period, including its $0 premium plan,iii more flexible HMO-POS plan, and new dental plans. Highlights from this year's offerings include:
- Medicare PPO Blue SaverRx (PPO) – Blue Cross is again offering this $0 premium plan, iii which provides coverage to people with Medicare for original Medicare benefits plus additional benefits that Medicare doesn't generally cover, including Part D prescription drug coverage. People with this plan have access to in-network and out-of-network providers with no referral requirements.
- Medicare HMO Blue FlexRx (HMO-POS) – Blue Cross' newest option offers people with Medicare all the benefits of an HMO plan with the ability to go out of network for a higher cost share. The plan costs $99 iii per month and provides more flexibility for people who split their time between Massachusetts and other areas.
To learn more about Blue Cross' many Medicare coverage options, view a list of covered medications, and find the plan that's right for you:
- Visit www.bluecrossma.com/medicare to view the online comparison tool.
- Call our nationally ranked call centeriv at 1-800-678-2265 (TTY: 711), from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m., seven days a week.
Medicare beneficiaries can also contact:
- The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services, 1-800-MEDICARE (1-800-633-4227), 24 hours a day, seven days a week. TTY users call 1-877-486-2048.
- Serving the Health Information Needs of Everyone (SHINE), 1-800-243-4636.
About Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts (www.bluecrossma.com) is a community-focused, tax-paying, not-for-profit health plan headquartered in Boston. We are a trusted health plan for more than 31,500 Massachusetts employers and are committed to working with others in a spirit of shared responsibility to make quality health care affordable. Consistent with our corporate promise to always put our 2.8 million members first, we are rated among the nation's best health plans for member satisfaction and quality. Connect with us on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and LinkedIn.
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts is an HMO and PPO Plan with a Medicare Contract. Enrollment in Blue Cross and Blue Shield depends upon contract renewal. This information is not a complete description of benefits. Contact the plan for more information. Limitations, copayments, and restrictions may apply. Benefits, premiums and/or co-payments/co-insurance may change on January 1 of each year. You must continue to pay your Medicare Part B premium. The Formulary, pharmacy network, and/or provider network may change at any time. You will receive notice when necessary.
i Medicare evaluates plans based on a 5-star rating system. Star ratings are calculated each year and may change from one year to the next.
ii National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA)'s Medicare Health Insurance Plan Ratings 2016-2017. Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts' Medicare Advantage PPO Plan and Medicare Advantage HMO Plan are rated 4.5 out of 5 overall nationally. NCQA is not affiliated with Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts or CMS, nor is the award given or endorsed by Medicare.
iii You must continue to pay your Medicare Part B premium.
iv Benchmark Portal's 2016 Top 100 Call Center Contest; Benchmark Portal is not affiliated with Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts or CMS, nor is the award given or endorsed by Medicare.
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts complies with applicable Federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
ATENCIÓN: Si habla español, tiene a su disposición servicios gratuitos de asistencia lingüística.
Llame al 1-800-200-4255 (TTY: 711).
ATENÇÃO: Se fala português, encontram-se disponíveis serviços linguísticos, grátis. Ligue para
1-800-200-4255 (TTY: 711).
Logo - http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20150224/177637LOGO
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/blue-cross-medicare-plans-top-ratings-with-5-stars-300345739.html
SOURCE Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts