BlueSwarm, the Nation's Number One Social Fundraising Platform, Becomes Fundly Client growth in education and non-profit sector drives rebrand and expansion
PALO ALTO, Calif., Oct. 5 /PRNewswire/ -- Since its launch in March 2009, BlueSwarm has rapidly become the largest online social fundraising platform in the U.S., having helped its customers raise over $180M to date. Although everything about BlueSwarm's beginnings was political -- from its customer base to its name to its East Coast location -- less well known has been its ascendancy in non-profit and educational fundraising. With dozens of major non-profit and educational institutions having adopted BlueSwarm as their fundraising platform, BlueSwarm's official entry into these markets has accelerated beyond original plans.
Based on client demand for our services we are today announcing an exciting re-branding and expansion of our online platform. BlueSwarm is becoming Fundly.
"As soon as our product launched in March of 2009, it was clear that we would become the new standard in fundraising platforms for politics. But we did not predict how quickly non-profits and universities would find us, and how close of a fit our platform would be for them," said Dave Boyce, CEO for Fundly.
"Given the overwhelming inbound interest from non-profits and universities in our platform, we have decided it is time to rebrand and re-position the company to better address the needs of these new customers," said Boyce.
Fundly is fun and friendly fundraising, and the platform has been simplified and tuned to be "the easiest way to raise money" for organizations of any size. Brownie troops, PTAs, regional non-profits, education foundations, and even universities and political organizations can begin fundraising in less than 5 minutes, with a full platform to support their efforts—all for no up-front cost or commitment.
Some of the non-profit organizations that have discovered Fundly to be the easiest option for a hosted fundraising solution include:
- Silicon Valley Education Foundation
- Magic Wand Foundation
- Recovery Circles Foundation
- Media Scholars Foundation
- Farmhand Boost, Inc.
- Strategic alliance with Jenzabar, Inc. (leader in University software space)
- Strategic alliance with XAP.com (leader in education software)
- Strategic alliance with VolunteerSpot.com (leader in volunteer management for K-12 and non-profits)
How big is the non-profit and higher education marketplace?
- There are 1.8 million registered non-profits and they generate $1.9 trillion in revenues.
- The non-profit sector is the 5th largest US "industry."
- Non-profit revenues represent 1/7th of the US GDP
- Individuals contribute over $300 billion annually to non-profit causes—approximately $1,000 for every man, woman, and child in the U.S.
Fundly is designed to empower anyone to tap into the robust individual giving marketplace in the U.S. and raise funds for a cause they care about by:
- Making it easy for anyone to get started fundraising in minutes—no IT set-up, no configuration, no waiting
- Empowering supporters to reach out to their social networks with branded tools and materials that are conducive to contributing
- Supporting volunteer fundraising with incentives and accountability by making fundraising progress accessible and easy to understand
- Instilling the practice of driving a lifecycle that converts donors into advocates and fundraisers
Based in Palo Alto, CA, Fundly was launched in 2009 and has over 100 customers in higher education, non-profit, and politics. Current clients include Silicon Valley Education Foundation, Recovery Circles Foundation, Farmhands Boost Inc., Special Operations Warrior Foundation, the Democratic Governor's Association, Sen. Barbara Boxer (D-CA), and Meg Whitman for Governor (R-CA).
The company has won multiple awards, including two 2009 Pollie Awards and two 2009 Reed awards.