HOUSTON, Aug. 25, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- BMC, the global leader in IT solutions for the digital enterprise, today revealed a comprehensive agenda for the third annual BMC Engage conference, the largest gathering of BMC users, focused on innovations for digital business, customer success stories, and an exciting track and showcase for developers. BMC Engage 2016 will take place September 6-9 at the Aria® Resort and Casino in Las Vegas.
"BMC Engage is where business leaders come together to discuss their challenges, successes, and lessons learned from digital transformation," said Robin Purohit, group president, Enterprise Solutions Organization at BMC. "The digital imperative is clear: go digital or go extinct. Gartner predicted that 25 percent of businesses will have lost competitive ranking due to digital incompetence by 2017. Our mission is to equip our worldwide customers with the innovations and solutions they need to start the digital transformation journey, stay on course, and be successful in digital business."
BMC Engage features keynotes that address this urgent call to action from both a digital business and digital innovation perspective:
- Bob Beauchamp, BMC chairman and CEO, will communicate his vision for digital business
- Robin Purohit, group president, Enterprise Solutions Organization at BMC, will lead a general session about the product innovation at BMC driving digital transformation
- David Rowan, Wired UK Editor-in-Chief, will outline "New Rules of Business: How Technology is Changing the World"
- Sandra Ng, Group Vice President at IDC, will define "Digital IT: From Productivity to Profitability"
An astounding lineup of more than 80 BMC customers and partners will also share key insights and lessons learned about how to fast track digital business using BMC's end-to-end portfolio of Digital Enterprise Management solutions. Last year at Engage 2015, BMC introduced DEM, an integrated set of digital enterprise management IT solutions designed to accelerate digital transformation and help companies innovate faster.
At BMC Engage 2016, the company will outline key DEM initiatives that companies should invest in, and customers will cover a broad range of IT Innovation and digital business topics including:
- British Sky Broadcasting will discuss how it's using Workload Automation to meet the expectations of both customers and its employees
- The U.S. Department of Justice will detail how it is digitizing its service desk to empower both its customers and support staff
- Nuance Healthcare Solutions will describe how it is improving the customer experience and driving operations efficiency with far-reaching service management
- IKEA will share challenges, mistakes, and other best practices from its successful migrations to BMC's TrueSight Operations solutions for improved performance
- Duke Energy will outline its streamlined approach to application mapping using BMC Discovery
- The Los Angeles Department of Water and Power will present a case study about how it identified the need for a private cloud to enable a more highly-efficient IT request management environment
- Cerner will offer a case study about how to implement client- and service-oriented reporting and taking a business-aware approach to capacity management
- Buchanan Technologies will provide a spotlight on Remedy Smart Reporting, providing real-world best practices, access to the product roadmap, and tips on how to drive internal adoption
BMC is making great strides in enabling digital innovation by developers, with a track for Cloud and DevOps focused on supporting next-generation digital services by removing obstacles to create a reliable, agile infrastructure. In the new digital economy, developers must be freed from mundane tasks and burdensome processes to focus on innovation. This track covers advances in cloud management and DevOps that help enterprises accelerate innovation, control complexity, and simplify compliance.
BMC is also kicking off Engage 2016 with the BMC Innovator Bus Ride, where 40 developers from across the world will ride and code from Los Angeles to Las Vegas. While on the bus, they will get exclusive sneak-peak preview and early access to BMC innovations that will be shared at Engage. They will also get hands-on experience building custom applications as well as the opportunity to interact with BMC engineers and product managers. Upon arrival at the Aria® Resort and Casino in Las Vegas, they will have the opportunity to continue coding at the Developer Lounge, part of the IT Innovation Zone featuring over 75 demonstrations and more than 100 BMC ecosystem partners and sponsors. They will also have the opportunity to vote for their favorite app while learning more about BMC's Developer Portal and Developer Community.
Now in its third year, BMC Engage brings together thousands of customers and partners to discuss the most compelling trends that are changing the way people work and how companies innovate. Packed with expert keynotes and 300 sessions led by IT leaders from the most innovative companies in the world, BMC Engage also features 55 Hands-On Labs throughout the week featuring technical presentations by BMC experts and customers.
To understand the digital transformation journey, disruptive factors driving it, and how to accelerate digital business, visit www.bmc.com.
BMC is a global leader in innovative software solutions that enable businesses to transform into digital enterprises for the ultimate competitive advantage. Our Digital Enterprise Management solutions are designed to make digital business fast, seamless, and optimized from mainframe to mobile to cloud and beyond. BMC digital IT transforms 82 percent of the Fortune 500 and serves more than 10,000 customers worldwide.
BMC – Bring IT to Life
BMC, BMC Software, the BMC logo, and the BMC Software logo are the exclusive properties of BMC Software Inc., are registered or pending registration with the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, and may be registered or pending registration in other countries. All other BMC trademarks, service marks, and logos may be registered or pending registration in the U.S. or in other countries. All other trademarks or registered trademarks are the property of their respective owners. ©Copyright 2016 BMC Software, Inc.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/bmc-innovations-customers-and-developers-take-center-stage-to-highlight-digital-transformation-at-bmc-engage-300318428.html