BMO Market Outlook Call: The Potential Economic Impact of the U.S. Election On October 24th, BMO's Paul Taylor and Jack Ablin will discuss the potential implications of the U.S. election as well as other key global market drivers
TORONTO and CHICAGO, Oct. 23, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --The outcome of the U.S. election will have a significant impact on the American economy, and in turn, it's trading partner north of the border. Both President Barack Obama and Governor Mitt Romney have contrasting economic platforms; depending on who wins, the outlook over the next four years will vary for both the U.S. and Canada.
Join investment experts from BMO Financial Group as they share their market outlook and investing strategies heading into the election, and for the final months of 2012.
Topics to be discussed include:
- The Politics of Economics: What are the implications on the U.S. economy should either party come to power? To what extent will Canada be affected? What will be the future of the Keystone XL pipeline?
- Taxes & Spending: How will either party address the "fiscal cliff"?
- 25 Years of Canada-U.S. Free Trade: How has the FTA benefited both countries?
- Sector/Investment Picks: With ongoing issues in the Middle East and the energy sector continuing to dominate headlines, where is the price of oil headed? How are global markets reacting?
- China on the Upswing: Has the launch of Chinese policymakers' stimulus program improved the country's lagging growth? How will Chinese demand for commodities impact resource-rich Canada and the U.S.?
- Outlook for the End of 2012: With only a few months left in 2012, what should investors expect come year-end?
Paul Taylor, Chief Investment Officer, Fundamental Equities, BMO Asset Management Inc.
Jack Ablin, Chief Investment Officer, BMO Private Bank (Chicago)
October 24, 2012 at 10 a.m. ET
Media are invited to participate through conference call: 416-695-7806/1-888-789-9572
To pre-register for the call please visit: http://selfreg6.bellconferia.ca/webportal3/reg.html?Acc=1264852366&Conf=124906
Participant Passcode: 287745
SOURCE BMO Financial Group