BMO's Market Outlook Call: A Global Perspective on the European Debt Crisis
-- SAVE THE DATE/ INTERVIEW OPPORTUNITY --
- Join experts from Europe, Canada and the United States as they analyse the latest developments in Europe and other global hot spots and their potential impact on North American markets and investors
- July 17th media call with feature BMO's Paul Taylor and Jack Ablin and Dublin-based Eoin Fahy of Kleinwort Benson
TORONTO and CHICAGO, July 13, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- The ongoing sovereign debt crisis in the Eurozone continues to dominate headlines with Euro-area leaders making some headway in the past few weeks on the terms of a 30 billion euro bailout for Spain's troubled banking system and reaching an agreement on how to channel aid to struggling banking systems. Furthermore, Klaus Regling of Germany was formally named to head the permanent bailout fund, the European Stability Mechanism (ESM).
BMO Financial Group will be hosting a media panel to put these new developments into context for investors. Experts from Europe, Canada and the United States will be offering their insights and commentary on a variety of topics related to the Eurozone and other key issues which are making news this summer, including:
- How has the financial situation in the most affected countries such as Ireland, Greece, Portugal and Italy, progressed over the past few months?
- Does the latest bailout signal good news for a beleaguered Spain? Will Spanish bond yields continue to rise?
- Looking beyond the headlines, will depressed credit conditions continue to unsettle Canadian and U.S. investors?
- Has China's slowing growth been a result of the Eurozone crisis? How will this impact investors in Canada and the U.S.?
- Canada's Research In Motion (RIM) - what are the prospects for the embattled company?
- As the U.S. presidential election begins to heat up, what factors will voters be watching for as they choose their next president?
- What strategies and sectors should North American investors consider heading into the autumn?
Eoin Fahy, Chief Investment Officer, Kleinwort Benson Investors (Dublin)
Paul Taylor, Chief Investment Officer, Fundamental Equities, BMO Asset Management and investment strategist for BMO Harris Private Banking (Toronto)
Jack Ablin, Chief Investment Officer, Harris Private Bank (Chicago)
July 17th, 2012 at 10 a.m. ET
Media are invited to participate through conference call:
Toronto: (416) 641-2144
North American Toll Free: 866-696-5910
Participant Passcode for call: 7239867
Please contact Rachael McKay at (416) 867-3996 to confirm attendance or if you have any questions.
The call will be archived at www.bmoharrisprivatebanking.com until July 24th, 2012.
SOURCE BMO Financial Group
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.