Boehringer Ingelheim Cares Foundation Launches Online Giving Report Website Tells Story of Support and Engagement to Provide More Health
RIDGEFIELD, Conn, Feb. 25, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Boehringer Ingelheim Cares Foundation today announced that it has published its first online Giving Report, which is available at http://givingreport.us.boehringer-ingelheim.com. The Giving Report summarizes through short stories, pictures and videos the four primary ways the Foundation makes more health: the donation of our medicine, our support of and engagement in community programs, the time and skills employees donate in our employee volunteer program, and our advocacy of social enterprise as an innovative way to solve problems and forge lasting change in our communities and society at large.
"Boehringer Ingelheim Cares Foundation aims to make more health for people in need," said Lilly Ackley, President, Boehringer Ingelheim Cares Foundation. "Our Giving Report provides an overview of the philanthropic programs and partnerships we invest in to help patients and their families and strengthen our communities."
In the report, visitors will learn about a variety of programs and profiles including:
- Our giving through our Patient Assistance Program and Product Donation Program
- A patient story and video about the Boehringer Ingelheim AmeriCares Free Clinic
- Employee skills-based volunteerism to help local nonprofits
- Our global collaboration with Ashoka to support healthcare innovation through social enterprise
About Boehringer Ingelheim Cares Foundation
Boehringer Ingelheim Cares Foundation is a private foundation with a mission to provide "more health" to patients, families and communities through its four major programs:
1) A Patient Assistance Program that makes our branded medicines available free of charge to patients without prescription insurance coverage who meet certain household income criteria
2) A Product Donation Program that donates BI medicines to approved nonprofit partners who meet certain standards, and who distribute the medicines around the world where there is tremendous unmet need
3) A Financial Contributions Program that provides financial support to Connecticut programs that improve access to healthcare and enhance math and science education for the underserved
4) A Volunteer Program through which employees choose causes that are important to them and donate their time to strengthen our communities
About Boehringer Ingelheim
The Boehringer Ingelheim group is one of the world's 20 leading pharmaceutical companies. Headquartered in Ingelheim, Germany, it operates globally with 145 affiliates and more than 44,000 employees. Since it was founded in 1885, the family-owned company has been committed to researching, developing, manufacturing and marketing novel medications of high therapeutic value for human and veterinary medicine.
As a central element of its culture, Boehringer Ingelheim has a demonstrated commitment to corporate social responsibility. Involvement in social projects, caring for employees and their families, and providing equal opportunities for all employees form the foundation of the global operations. Mutual cooperation and respect, as well as environmental protection and sustainability are intrinsic factors in all of Boehringer Ingelheim's endeavors.
In 2011, Boehringer Ingelheim achieved net sales of about $17.1 billion (13.2 billion euro). R&D expenditure in the business area Prescription Medicines corresponds to 23.5% of its net sales.
SOURCE Boehringer Ingelheim Cares Foundation