NEW YORK, January 7, 2016 /PRNewswire/ --
Booking.com, the global leader in connecting travelers with the widest choice of incredible places to stay, releases its month by month plan for thrifty travelers looking to explore a new city or return to an old favorite. Accommodations are a key component to any trip - whether it be a solo or family getaway - and ensuring you have a place that is not only above average, but also affordable is key. Having analyzed the average price per night of four star accommodations in a few popular U.S. cities, Booking.com data specialists have compiled a perfectly priced itinerary of places for each month this year.
"Our travelers are looking for a variety of places to stay, whether that be a traditional hotel or a luxury yacht," says Todd Dunlap, Director of the Americas, Booking.com. "The one thing that remains consistent when it comes to making the final decision, is whether it falls within budget. The pricing plan will help travelers make smart financial decisions when booking their next trip."
The 12 must-visit places that won't break the bank, regardless of which month you choose to travel in 2016, can be found below. To ensure a top notch trip, Booking.com also took the city's local events and temperatures into consideration, alongside the price.
- Los Angeles, CA: The week after New Year's was the cheapest of the month with the average 4-star room night coming in at $212, 33% cheaper than the most expensive week in LA all year so you'll have leftover cash to splurge on detoxing and rejuvenating in one of the country's most health-conscious cities.
- Honolulu, HI: Veg out on miles of perfect beach and lap up the island's laid-back atmosphere, as well as its phenomenally diverse restaurant scene. Price-wise, February is a winner. For a 4* accommodation, the first week of February 2015 was $206 per night, making it 40% cheaper than the peak week over New Year's Eve.
- Flagstaff, AZ: In addition to crisp clear days that are perfect for being outdoors, there are also far fewer crowds. Flagstaff is pretty affordable year-round but March provides particularly good value. The first week of March 2015 was only $84 a night, 38% cheaper than the city's most expensive week of the year.
- Chicago, IL: Spring is charming here and the first week of April in 2015 was a massive 54% cheaper than the most expensive all year, coming in at only $143 per night. See all the classic sights of America's Second City with plenty of events and up-and-coming eateries to keep you buzzing with activity.
- Fort Lauderdale, FL: This time of year sees warm temperatures and fewer visitors, and also coincides with the start of summer vacation for many schools, making it an ideal destination for families. At just $162, the average price of a 4* accommodation here during the second week of May was 46% cheaper than the most expensive week of the year
- San Antonio, TX: The first week of June in San Antonio was only $164 for a night at a 4* accommodation, 30% cheaper than the city's most expensive week of the year. Plus it's also only an hour's drive from Austin should you want to cover more ground on your trip and it's a whole lot cheaper too (San Antonio's peak price is 49% cheaper than Austin's peak).
- Boston, MA: Take a walk along the leafy boulevards of old world-style houses or take a picnic to the park to soak up the sunny atmosphere. The first week of July 2015 saw a significant price dip to $265 per night, 31% cheaper than the city's peak week of the year in October at $384.
- New York, NY: Central Park's SummerStage is just one such venue in a city where outdoor concerts, theater performances and exhibitions pop up all over the place in the warmer months. The average price of a 4* accommodation for the fourth week of August 2015 was only $235, 39% cheaper than peak season in September.
- Orlando, FL: The first week of September was only $130 per night, 40% cheaper than the peak price all year. Plus with less crowds at the park, you'll have more time to explore all the other attractions Orlando has to offer, like Wekiwa Springs State Park for some gator-spotting, or Church Street Station for dinner and shopping.
- New Orleans, LA: Worried you'll miss out on the fun and excitement by not visiting NoLa during Mardi Gras? Have no fear, Halloween sees tons of events and parades take to the street. And the last week of October 2015 was $202, 34% cheaper than the week of Mardi Gras.
- San Francisco, CA: It's still sunny and temperate enough here for you to make the most of the city's many attractions, such as catching the ferry across the bay to Alcatraz or walking along the incredible feat of engineering that is the Golden Gate Bridge. The week before Thanksgiving last year was one of the cheapest weeks of the year at $202 per night, 51% cheaper than the city's peak price.
- Las Vegas, NV: With renowned nightlife, a palpable party feel and endless shopping opportunities, December suits this city down to the ground. The third week of December 2014 was also 60% cheaper than the most expensive week of the year, with 4* accommodation rates as low as $84 per night.
Note to editor: Accompanying infographic available
Booking.com's mission is to help leisure and business travelers, whatever their budgets, easily discover, book, and enjoy the world's best places to stay.
It guarantees the best prices for any type of property - from small independents to five-star luxury. Guests can access the Booking.com website and apps anytime, anywhere from their desktops, mobile phones and tablet devices, and they don't pay booking fees - ever. Booking.com is available in 42 languages, offers over 840,000 hotels and accommodations including more than 390,000 vacation rental properties and covers nearly 84,000 destinations in 221 countries and territories worldwide. It features over 70M reviews written by guests after their stay, and attracts online visitors from both leisure and business markets around the globe. With over 19 years of experience and a team of over 10,000 dedicated employees in 173 offices worldwide, Booking.com operates its own in-house customer service team, which is available 24/7 to assist guests in their native languages and ensure an exceptional customer experience.