THE VALLEY, Anguilla, March 7, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Literary buffs will want to mark their calendars for the sixth annual Anguilla Lit Fest: A Literary Jollification, featuring award-winning authors, celebrity writers and note-worthy publishers from across the USA, Canada and the Caribbean, as well as Anguilla. From May 18-21, 2017, at the beautiful Paradise Cove Resort, attendees will gather for stimulating panels, presentations and workshops, against the stunning backdrop of Anguilla's tropical beauty.
This year's distinguished panel of authors and publishers includes:
- Marlon James - Acclaimed Jamaican author of John Crow's Devil (2005), The Book of Night Women (2009), and A Brief History of Seven Killings (2014).
- Colin Channer - Called "Bob Marley with a pen," known for the poetry collection Providential (2015), The Girl With the Golden Shoes (2007), and Waiting in Vain.
- Nicole Dennis-Benn – Author of Here Comes the Sun (2016), a New York Times Notable Book of the Year and NPR Best Books of 2016.
- Ilyasah Shabazz – Educator, motivational speaker, and author of Growing up X (Random House 2002).
- Tiphanie Yanique – Award-winning author of How to Escape a Leper Colony: A Novella and Stories (2010), children's book I am the Virgin Islands (2012) and Land of Love and Drowning (2014).
- Thomas Mullen - Author of Darktown, an NPR Best Book of the Year, and The Last Town on Earth.
- Kevin Larimar – Award-winning American poet and editor of Poets & Writers Magazine.
- Amy Berkower – Chairman of literary agency, Writer's House.
- Yona Deshommes– Associate Director of Publicity at Atria Books. Adrian Green - Notable Spoken Word Artist/Lyricist from Barbados.
"Anguilla Lit Fest is an important cultural event which the Government of Anguilla is pleased to support," says Hon. Cardigan Connor, Parliamentary Secretary. "We appreciate the significant role that the Literary Arts play in the development and preservation of our cultural heritage, and the Anguilla Lit Fest offers visitors an opportunity to experience one of Anguilla's oldest social traditions - the Jollification."
The event is organized by the Anguilla Literary Foundation and sponsored by the Government of Anguilla, the Anguilla Tourist Board and the Business Community of Anguilla.
For more information on the Anguilla Lit Fest: A Literary Jollification or to register, visit www.anguillalitfest.com. For more information on Anguilla please visit the official website: www.IvisitAnguilla.com.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/bookmark-the-6th-annual-anguilla-lit-fest-a-literary-jollification-300419639.html
SOURCE Anguilla Tourist Board