BorgWarner Supplies Advanced Technologies for the 2013 Green Car of the Year® and 4 of the Green Car Journal's Top 5 for 2013
AUBURN HILLS, Mich., Jan. 11, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- BorgWarner (NYSE: BWA) supplies advanced technologies for the 2013 Green Car of the Year®, the Ford Fusion, as well as four of the Green Car Journal's Top 5 for 2013 including the Dodge Dart Aero, Ford C-Max and Mazda CX-5 SkyACTIV. For these green powertrains, BorgWarner provides:
- Engine timing systems, cam-to-cam drives and HY-VO® transmission chains for precise, durable and quiet performance
- Cabin heaters to generate warmth quickly and efficiently
- Smart ignition systems for improved fuel economy, clean and efficient combustion and reliable engine operation
- Dual-clutch and control actuation modules for quick, seamless shifts without the "torque-interrupt" feeling of a manual or automated manual
- Turbochargers to enable engine downsizing for improved fuel economy and lower emissions
"From hybrids to extremely efficient combustion engines, BorgWarner's leading technologies help these powertrains give consumers what they crave: better fuel economy, lower emissions and improved performance," said James Verrier , President and Chief Executive Officer, BorgWarner. "BorgWarner is driven to develop breakthrough technologies that will lead us all to a greener future. We are pleased to contribute our advanced technologies to this year's most environmentally friendly cars."
Auburn Hills, Michigan-based BorgWarner Inc. (NYSE: BWA) is a technology leader in highly engineered components and systems for powertrain applications worldwide. Operating manufacturing and technical facilities in 57 locations in 19 countries, the company develops products to improve fuel economy, reduce emissions and enhance performance. Customers include VW/Audi, Ford, Toyota, Renault/Nissan, General Motors, Hyundai/Kia, Daimler, Chrysler, Fiat, BMW, Honda, John Deere, PSA, and MAN. For more information, please visit borgwarner.com.
SOURCE BorgWarner Inc.
More by this Source
Harrigle And Schilling Win 2013 BorgWarner Louis Schwitzer Award
May 21, 2013, 08:32 ET
BorgWarner Expands Cooperation With Jaguar Land Rover
May 15, 2013, 09:00 ET
BorgWarner Reports First Quarter 2013 U.S. GAAP Earnings Of $1.22 Per Diluted Share
Apr 25, 2013, 08:00 ET
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.