BOSTON, Oct. 18, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- They say family comes first, but if pets aren't able to share the holidays with their loved ones, a five-star luxury hotel stay might be at the top of their wish list. According to the American Pet Products Association, in 2012 an estimated $4.11 billion will be spent on boarding and grooming in the U.S., so the demand for a sixth Pooch Hotel location comes as no surprise. Pooch Hotel is celebrating their grand opening, on Saturday, October 20, 2012; just in time for pet parents to rest assured their canines are in comforting hands during holiday vacations. The premier hotel and daycare, exclusively for dogs, places a premium on convenience, extraordinary customer care, superior facilities and outstanding services.
Just off the Massachusetts Turnpike and 13 miles west from the Logan Airport at 285 Newtonville Ave., Newton, MA, the location makes it easy for those who are flying or driving to their destination. The 11,600 square-foot facility offers the same best-in-class amenities as its sister locations across the country in Dallas, TX, Chicago, IL, Hollywood, CA, and Sunnyvale, CA. Pooch Hotel, has redefined pet boarding options, with unparalleled services, an environmentally conscious mindset and a level of quality and care never before seen. Some hotel highlights include:
- Custom-made hotel suites with glass doors to allow staff to easily monitor pets.
- Spa: This just-for-dogs spa features aromatherapy bathing and massage, paw-dicures, Poochberry facials and tooth brushing.
- The Club @ Pooch Hotel Club: This complete, daily lifestyle program for dogs includes fitness and nutrition management. Pooch Hotel specialists can construct a healthy and holistic diet plan that will improve the weight, stamina and overall condition of pets.
- Treadmills are available for guests who need a little extra exercise.
- Easy drop-off and pick-up for clients 24 hours a day, seven days a week
- All Day Play: Guests can take part in a plentiful amount of indoor, supervised playtime with a variety of playground equipment. Play area available for guests to play in groups based on size and temperament. Drinking water for guests will be available at all times.
- All guests are provided with scheduled feedings, around-the-clock monitoring, attention to any special needs including administering medications, and on-call veterinary care.
Incorporating natural lighting, Energy Star-rated air purification systems and state-of-the-art wet/dry vacuum and disinfecting systems throughout the facility. Pooch Hotel Boston has taken steps towards achieving a smaller carbon pawprint without sacrificing service, safety and satisfaction.
Grand Opening celebrations for Pooch Hotel Boston will be held on Saturday, October 20 from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. and will include tours of the facility, a 50 percent discount on all daycare package purchases and advanced hotel reservations as well as the opportunity to win great prizes.
Petco is a leading pet specialty retailer that provides the products, services and advice that make it easier for our customers to be great pet parents. Everything we do is guided by our vision for Healthier Pets. Happier People. Better World. We operate more than 1,150 stores nationwide, including more than 50 Unleashed by Petco locations, a smaller format neighborhood shop, and www.petco.com. The Petco Foundation, an independent nonprofit organization, has raised more than $100 million since it was created in 1999 to help promote and improve the welfare of companion animals. In conjunction with the Foundation, we work with and support approximately 8,000 local animal welfare groups across the country to help find homes for more than 250,000 animals through in-store adoption events every year.