Boston Children's Hospital Convening Top Thought Leaders Sept. 26th, 27th
Hospital Hosts National Pediatric Innovation Summit "Taking on Tomorrow"
BOSTON, Aug. 28, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- This two-day summit will bring together national thought-leaders in pediatric health innovation, including clinicians, scientists, engineers and leaders in industry, private equity and health care policy to discuss the successes and challenges in pediatric care.
Three $50,000 cash prizes will be awarded to recognize the most pioneering advances in Clinical Innovation, Community/Patient Empowerment and Research and Scientific Breakthroughs in Autism.
Featured Speakers Include:
- Atul Gawande, MD – surgeon, writer, and public health researcher
- Robert S. Langer, Ph.D. – David H. Koch Institute Professor, MIT
- Jeffrey Leiden – CEO, Vertex Pharmaceuticals
- Mike Rhodin – Senior Vice President, IBM Software Solutions Group
- Robert Urban, Ph.D. – Head, Johnson & Johnson Innovation Center, Boston
- Christopher G. Dawes – President and Chief Executive Officer of Lucile Packard Children's Hospital at Stanford
Panels Topics Include:
- Innovation acceleration: closing the funding gap from discovery to treatment.
- Piecing together the autism puzzle: the latest discoveries and opportunities for developing diagnostics and targeted treatments.
- Genomics: life after the $1,000 sequence: best practices for interpreting genomic data, retrieving actionable information, and sharing it responsibly.
- The top 3 challenges in pediatric care: CEOs of top children's hospitals discuss the most pressing issues.
- Patient empowerment: perspectives of patient engagement from parents, technology developers, informatics experts and clinicians.
When: Thursday, September 26, 2013
8:00 a.m. – 7:15 p.m.
Friday, September 27, 2013
7:30 a.m. – 2:30 p.m.
Where: The Seaport World Trade Center
200 Seaport Blvd
Boston, MA 02210
Full Conference Agenda and Information:
To attend the event or arrange interviews with the panelists, please contact:
Rob Graham, Boston Children's Hospital
617-919-3111 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Jon Tashjian, Weber Shandwick
617-520-7118 or email@example.com
SOURCE Boston Children's Hospital
More by this Source
Pediatric ICU nurse staffing models with more experience, education cut inpatient mortality
Nov 14, 2013, 15:31 ET
Brainstem abnormalities found in "SIDS" infants, in all kinds of sleep environments
Nov 11, 2013, 00:01 ET
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.