Boston Children's Hospital Convening Top Thought Leaders Sept. 26th, 27th
Hospital Hosts National Pediatric Innovation Summit "Taking on Tomorrow"
BOSTON, Aug. 28, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- This two-day summit will bring together national thought-leaders in pediatric health innovation, including clinicians, scientists, engineers and leaders in industry, private equity and health care policy to discuss the successes and challenges in pediatric care.
Three $50,000 cash prizes will be awarded to recognize the most pioneering advances in Clinical Innovation, Community/Patient Empowerment and Research and Scientific Breakthroughs in Autism.
Featured Speakers Include:
- Atul Gawande, MD – surgeon, writer, and public health researcher
- Robert S. Langer, Ph.D. – David H. Koch Institute Professor, MIT
- Jeffrey Leiden – CEO, Vertex Pharmaceuticals
- Mike Rhodin – Senior Vice President, IBM Software Solutions Group
- Robert Urban, Ph.D. – Head, Johnson & Johnson Innovation Center, Boston
- Christopher G. Dawes – President and Chief Executive Officer of Lucile Packard Children's Hospital at Stanford
Panels Topics Include:
- Innovation acceleration: closing the funding gap from discovery to treatment.
- Piecing together the autism puzzle: the latest discoveries and opportunities for developing diagnostics and targeted treatments.
- Genomics: life after the $1,000 sequence: best practices for interpreting genomic data, retrieving actionable information, and sharing it responsibly.
- The top 3 challenges in pediatric care: CEOs of top children's hospitals discuss the most pressing issues.
- Patient empowerment: perspectives of patient engagement from parents, technology developers, informatics experts and clinicians.
When: Thursday, September 26, 2013
8:00 a.m. – 7:15 p.m.
Friday, September 27, 2013
7:30 a.m. – 2:30 p.m.
Where: The Seaport World Trade Center
200 Seaport Blvd
Boston, MA 02210
Full Conference Agenda and Information:
To attend the event or arrange interviews with the panelists, please contact:
Rob Graham, Boston Children's Hospital
617-919-3111 or email@example.com
Jon Tashjian, Weber Shandwick
617-520-7118 or firstname.lastname@example.org
SOURCE Boston Children's Hospital