Boston Children's Leading National Discussion on Childhood Obesity in the Community October 10th and 11th
Conference will address "Turning Science into Care" for obesity prevention
BOSTON, Oct. 7, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- This two-day conference on Thursday, Oct. 10 and Friday, Oct. 11 will bring together national health providers, researchers and community leaders to discuss the latest childhood obesity research and its translation into successful community interventions.
"Turning Science Into Care" will examine the underlying science, real-world challenges
and opportunities for more effective prevention and treatment in the community. This unique gathering will be co-chaired by David Ludwig, MD, PhD, director, and Cara Ebbeling, PhD, associate director of the New Balance Foundation Obesity Prevention Center Boston Children's Hospital, who have conducted highly-cited research into new dietary approaches to childhood obesity.
- School-based interventions to address pediatric obesity
- Interventions for preschool-aged children and families
- After-school physical activity interventions
- Community research: behind the scenes and beyond the manuscripts—what worked and what didn't
- Telehealth and integrated care for childhood obesity
- Future of community interventions: collaborating for change
- Connecting the pieces and advocating for change (Barbara Ferrer, Boston Public Health
Thursday, October 10, 2013
8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Friday, October 11, 2013
8 a.m. – 12:15 p.m.
Boston Marriott Long Wharf
296 State Street
Boston, MA 02109
Full Conference Agenda and Information:
To attend the event or arrange interviews with the speakers and panelists, please contact:
Boston Children's Hospital
SOURCE Boston Children's Hospital
More by this Source
Increased Risk of Epilepsy Among Autoimmune Disease Patients
Mar 31, 2014, 16:00 ET
Boston Children's Hospital and Merck to Study Social Media Behavior to Characterize Insomnia
Feb 26, 2014, 10:13 ET
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.