WINCHESTER, Mass., Dec. 20, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Chances are your home is about to be hit with the usual burden of the holidays, and it needs special preparation to be ready. 128 Plumbing, Heating, Cooling & Electric, can help with any problems you might encounter.
"December is the month your home takes the biggest beating," said Ryan Williams, general manager of 128 Plumbing, Heating, Cooling & Electric, Boston's leading residential home service company. "Visitors and the increased use of appliances all put big strain on a house. But we can help you get ready."
Here are some suggestions that Williams says can help you get ready in advance:
- Consider a tankless water heater -You'll be using lots of hot water over the next couple of months, and now could be the perfect time to make a change. Tankless water heaters only heat the water as you need it, rather than wasting energy keeping water heated in a tank until you're ready to use it. And you have an endless supply.
- Check your drains – Have your plumbing inspected before you begin your holiday festivities especially if you are already experiencing problems. A professional can inspect your plumbing for minor clogs, damages, or other potential problems and resolve them before your guests arrive.
- Check your carbon monoxide detectors – Carbon monoxide is an odorless, colorless gas created when fuels burn incompletely (such as gasoline, wood, natural gas, coal, propane, oil and methane). In the home, heating and cooking equipment that burn fuel can be sources of carbon monoxide. Test your detectors and change batteries if needed.
- Maintain your heating unit – The heater tends to go out on the coldest day of the year and you don't want it to go out when you have company. Have a yearly maintenance check before your guests arrive to insure it is running properly.
- Check surge protection – As we enter the holidays and add lights and decorations to our homes, the last thing you want to deal with is a power surge issue. A whole home system can re-direct electrical surges before they can enter your home's electrical system and prevent damages to your electronics.
- Prepare your garbage disposal – The garbage disposal is heavily used during the holiday season to keep it in top shape prepare before your guests arrive. Chop up a whole lemon in the disposal to remove odors. You can also place ice cubes in the disposal to sharpen the blades. Be careful not to place potato peels or grease down the disposal.
- Take care of the toilet - Toilets get a tougher workout than any other fixture in the house. Now is the time to take care of any toilet malfunctions from flushing issues to a loose seat.
"This is a time for friends, family and togetherness, and you want to make sure you don't have to worry about your home being ready," Williams says. "Taking care of these things in advance helps take that worry away."
For Boston-area homeowners who want extra advice about preparing a home for company, 128 Plumbing, Heating, Cooling & Electric can help with additional suggestions as well as a variety of home improvement needs. For more information, please call (781) 670-3261 or visit them at www.128plumbing.com.
About 128 Plumbing, Heating, Cooling & Electric
128 Plumbing, Heating, Cooling & Electric is a family-run business that has served people of the North Shore area of Massachusetts for more than 24 years. The company offers the highest quality, efficiency and reliability to its customers and has become the Greater Boston's most trusted and consistent plumbing, heating, air conditioning and electric service companies. 128 offers 24-hour emergency services, a 100-percent satisfaction guarantee and has over 500 "5-Star Reviews" online". Its trained, licensed, insured and skilled technicians always use clean uniforms, booties and drop cloths, and they will treat your home like their own. And, your call will always be answered by a real person, 24/7. To find out more, visit www.call128.com or call (781) 245-9200.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/boston-company-offers-tips-to-prepare-your-home-for-the-holidays-300381442.html
SOURCE 128 Plumbing, Heating, Cooling & Electric