Boston Elder Care Expert Michael Bloom Publishes "The Accidental Caregiver's Survival Guide" to Offer Life and Soul Saving Tips
BOSTON, Sept. 17, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Accidental caregiving is a harsh reality for nearly 40 percent of Americans who find themselves caring for a sick or elderly relative or friend without warning. The demands on time, money, and energy for those thrust into this situation are daunting. Caregiving Without Regret Expert A. Michael Bloom today releases The Accidental Caregiver's Survival Guide to offer life saving tips to support caregivers everywhere at a time when the lives they save may very well be their own.
When duty calls, the caregiver jumps right in to support the loved one in need without hesitation and puts other parts of their life on hold or on the back burner. Given the complex needs of their loved ones, caregivers often experience a decline in in their own health, increased stress, and risk for burnout and depression. Bloom's book offers practical support for family caregivers to provide high quality, sustainable care with confidence, determination, and balanced attention to their own needs.
Bloom lays out a roadmap of coping strategies and tools for family caregivers to recharge their energy while avoiding burnout. In The Accidental Caregiver's Survival Guide, caregivers discover ways to:
- Release the fear of not being good enough to meet the intensity of a loved one's needs and gather strength to deal with the emotional roller-coaster associated with the caregiving journey.
- Overtake conflict by communicating calmly and clearly with a loved one and other family members as everyone copes with the situation at hand.
- Achieve buy-in by motivating others, including non-supportive family members, to willingly contribute based upon their individual abilities, preferences, and talents so the loved one receives the most satisfying support possible.
- Deliver greatness and become the inspiring caregiver that people cheer for and gladly support in meaningful ways.
- Magnetize and motivate talent by creating an atmosphere that attracts and retains the best people to join the loved one's care team, and experience brilliant performance.
- Access and trust caregiver instincts and intuition to advocate effectively for the loved one.
- Put chocolate in the pill box. Find ways to fuel the caregiver's soul so she/he can thrive during the demanding journey and develop the passion and purpose for life beyond caregiving. Take regular doses to avoid burnout while creating enduring satisfaction and success.
Bloom served as primary caregiver for his parents in their final years, and his book honors their legacy. As a sought after speaker, workshop leader, and coach, Bloom has influenced hundreds of caregivers to embrace effective tips, tools, and coping strategies to avoid burnout and provide quality care without regret. The book opens the door for even more people to benefit. His aim is to inspire and train fellow caregivers to care for loved ones in a way that leaves room for joy and freedom in their own lives. He recalls that it took just about every ounce of his being to care for his parents and not lose himself in the process.
"I can now reflect on my caregiving journey as soul-fulfilling and transformative," he said. "I provided care without regret and supported my parents to age in place and die with dignity in the comfort of their own home."
For more information about the book and about Mr. Bloom's speaking and consulting services, go to: http://www.theaccidentalcaregiverssurvivalguide.com/
About Caregiving Without Regret™ Expert A. Michael Bloom
Since 2011, A. Michael Bloom has helped to revitalize the careers of hundreds of family and professional caregivers with practical, tactical soul-saving coping strategies and support them in saving lives—including their own. Based in New England, Bloom is a certified professional coach and sought after Caregiving Without Regret speaker and workshop leader. He welcomes invitations to share his life and soul saving message at conferences, conventions, and trainings worldwide. To make solo and quantity purchases of his book, visit The Accidental Caregiver's Survival Guide.
Read more news from A. Michael Bloom.
SOURCE A. Michael Bloom