GOLDEN, Colo., March 3, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- This National Nutrition Month®, Americans are encouraged to "Savor the Flavor of Eating Right" by focusing on all aspects of mindful eating. For healthy eaters overwhelmed with meal planning, Boston Market® simplifies the process with a variety of tools – including its "150 Ways to Eat Right" list, which features 150 home style meal combinations that are full of flavor at 550 calories or less.
The "550 Calories or Less" menu features complete meals – including fan favorite Market Bowls for only $6.99*. Entrees can include boneless rotisserie chicken or roasted turkey topped with gravy, while flavorful side dishes range from steamed vegetables to mashed potatoes and cornbread.
"Today's health-conscious consumers are pressed for time – and in need of nutritious meal options that they feel good about eating and serving loved ones on-the-go," said Boston Market CEO George Michel, also known as The Big Chicken. "That's why we've designed a flavorful menu that helps guests reduce their sodium and caloric intake while enjoying their favorite home style foods."
The national restaurant chain strives to provide busy consumers with real food that's carefully prepared, affordable and without compromise. The cornerstone of its wholesome food platform, rotisserie chicken, is cooked with signature marinade and a method that allows the fat to drip away, leaving a lean, moist source of protein. During National Nutrition Month, Boston Market is encouraging guests to eat healthier with a Half Chicken Special for $8.49 – which includes a half signature, rotisserie roasted chicken, two sides and fresh baked cornbread.
Boston Market has completed a number of initiatives to help guide guests' healthy dining decisions:
- Sodium Reduction – Boston Market removed salt shakers from tables in all its restaurants and has reduced sodium levels in all menu items by 15 percent or more.
- Recipe Library – For the home chef looking for time-saving hacks, Boston Market provides delicious recipes to dress up menu items with a few simple ingredients.
- Nutrition Calculator – An interactive Nutrition Calculator allows guests to custom-build Boston Market meals online and review their nutritional values.
- Allergen Menu – An Allergen Menu feature helps guests with dietary restrictions (such as gluten intolerance) identify the menu items they can enjoy.
- 150 Ways to Eat Right – A list of savory Boston Market entrees and side items that can be combined to create a meal with 550 calories or less.
Consumers can access nutritional information and recipes at www.BostonMarket.com.
Boston Market was awarded a HALO Award by QSR Magazine in 2014 for its meaningful contributions to a healthy, active lifestyle for consumers. The restaurant is also a proud participant in the National Restaurant Association's "Kids LiveWell" program and a strategic partner of the United States Department of Agriculture "MyPlate" program.
For additional information, visit BostonMarket.com.
About Boston Market
Boston Market Corporation, headquartered in Golden, Colorado, has given time back to busy families and individuals for 30 years with quality, home-style meals at a convenient value in 456 locations nationwide. A staple on dinner tables, Boston Market prepares its fresh, never-frozen, all natural chicken in signature rotisserie ovens and features an extensive selection of home-style sides and made-from-scratch cornbread. In 2011, the company completed updates to locations across the country, adding new healthier menu items and enhancing the dine-in experience. As one of the country's largest providers of catering services, Boston Market offers convenient, same-day orders and delivery for corporate and personal events of all sizes. For more information, visit the company's website at www.bostonmarket.com. For the latest news and deals, follow @bostonmarket on Twitter or join us on Facebook.
* Prices may vary in some restaurants.
SOURCE Boston Market