GOLDEN, Colo., May 8, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Boston Market®, the rotisserie cooking and contemporary home style meal experts, today released consumer insights from a nationwide Mother's Day survey* that unveils just how families celebrate mom on their special day.
According to 49 percent of America, Mother's Day leads the pack as the favorite holiday during the spring and summer seasons. When it comes to treating that special lady in their lives, 78 percent of the country plans to give mom a gift this May 14, while 60 percent of us will rely on social media to wish mom a "Happy Mother's Day."
Moms with children (16 or younger) are working harder than ever to carry the brunt of chores around the house – and only 16 percent are planning to treat themselves this Mother's Day. Compared to their spouses, moms are still investing more hours per week cooking (8.8 vs. 6), doing laundry (5.9 vs. 4) and cleaning (8.2 vs. 4.8), making them all the more deserving to be showered with love – and a meal – on Sunday, May 14.
With 80 percent of survey respondents noting that they enjoy a special meal as part of their Mother's Day celebrations, Boston Market, known for its hassle-free home style meals, is doing its part to recognize and celebrate moms across the country by offering $5 off all Family Meals (for four or more people) on Sunday, May 14.
Additional ways families can treat Mom at Boston Market ahead of or on Mother's Day include:
- 2 for $20 Meal Deal: For those celebrating prior to May 14, the recently extended 2 for $20 meal deal offers guests two Individual Meals, two drinks and two desserts for only $20 now through Mother's Day.
- Facebook Gift Card Giveaway: Visit the Boston Market Facebook page Monday, May 8 through Friday, May 12 for a chance to win a Boston Market gift card or Family Meal. Each day Boston Market will provide a different topic for fans to comment with their own stories celebrating mom (ex. mom as a superhero). A winner will be selected at the end of each day.
- Dessert Deal: Every mom who dines on Mother's Day will receive a coupon for a free cookie on her next visit to any participating Boston Market (redeemable May 15 – 31, while supplies last).
"Mom takes priority this May, and we wanted to offer those gift givers out there multiple ways to treat and enjoy a relaxing meal with the special women in their lives," stated Boston Market CEO, George Michel, also known as "The Big Chicken." "Nothing says you care quite like giving mom a delicious meal, from our 2 for $20 meal deal to our Mother's Day Family Meal offer, and we look forward to providing all of our guests with home style meals worthy of this special occasion."
More insights Boston Market uncovered around how Americans celebrate Mother's Day, include:
- Dine Out or Stay In. Of the 80 percent of Americans who enjoy a special meal as part of their Mother's Day celebrations, 53 percent expect to share their meal at a restaurant.
- Keep Mom on Speed Dial. 74 percent of moms report receiving phone calls from family members on Mother's Day while 64 percent receive loving text messages.
- Put Some Thought into It. Only 50 percent of moms surveyed typically receive actual cards on Mother's Day, so there's lots of work to be done to show her some old-fashioned appreciation!
- In-Store Shopping Takes the Cake. Of the 78 percent of Americans who plan to shower mom with gifts for Mother's Day, 72 percent plan to go to a store to find that perfect something; 46 percent of gift-givers said they might also do some online shopping this year.
For additional information on Boston Market's Mother's Day deals or to place an order, visit BostonMarket.com or follow us @BostonMarket.
*The independent third-party nationwide online survey was conducted by ROI Rocket in April 2017 among 1,002 adults ages 18+ who observe Mother's Day within their household.
About Boston Market
Boston Market Corporation, headquartered in Golden, Colorado, has given time back to busy families and individuals for 30 years with quality, home style meals at a convenient value in 459 U.S. locations. The expert in rotisserie cooking, Boston Market prepares its fresh chicken and all natural turkey in signature rotisserie ovens and features an extensive selection of home style sides and made-from-scratch cornbread. As one of the country's largest providers of catering services, Boston Market offers convenient, same-day orders and delivery for corporate and personal events of all sizes. For more information, visit the company's website at www.bostonmarket.com. For the latest news and deals, follow @bostonmarket on Twitter or join us on Facebook.
Seth Grugle, ICR
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/boston-market-survey-reveals-how-families-celebrate-mom-on-mothers-day-300452685.html
SOURCE Boston Market