Boticca.com Releases Case Study on International Spending Habits for Olympics 2012
LONDON, August 8, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --
Global fashion accessories marketplace presents findings of international shopping habits in a Shopping Olympics infographic
Boticca.com, a London-based fashion accessories marketplace, releases the findings of an international spending case study in an Olympics-themed infographic format. The study, based on a sample of 8,000 recent sales on the Boticca.com website, covers transaction values and shopping habits in terms of categories from customers internationally.
Having shipped to customers in 55 countries, designers in 40 countries on every continent, over 50% of all transactions being intercontinental and an even spread of sales throughout North America, Europe, Asia Pacific and the Middle East, the findings have shown some unlikely results.
Summary of Findings
- The research shows that the gold medal for the highest spenders goes to Colombia, with the average spend per transaction at just over $700. Kuwait takes the silver medal with an average spend of $560 and Russia the bronze at $350.
- The most generous men when buying gifts for women are shopping from Singapore, with an average gift purchase costing $300. Men in Spain came in second with $250 spent on gifts and French men came in third with $200.
- Team GB came out top for buying the most necklaces, bags and silver-based products while USA customers are the champions when it comes to gold-based products and rings. Shoppers in France buy the most bracelets, and take the silver medal when it comes to shopping scarves.
- Overall, Team GB tops the medal count results when it comes to online shopping, with USA taking silver and France bronze.
- The United Arab Emirates, which is widely regarded as the home to the world's biggest spenders, is at the bottom of the medal count table.
The infographic can be found on the company's blog.
Headquartered in London, Boticca.com is the global online destination for unique jewelry, bags and fashion accessories, creating a unique experience of international discovery by connecting fashion-forward customers directly with top independent designers and brands from all over the world. The globetrotting style hunting team has handpicked more than 280 emerging designers from over 40 countries. The site now offers a selection of over 7,000 pieces in its marketplace, which is curated and edited to illustrate the culture, stories and inspiration behind each of the collections on the site.
Contact: Josi Smart +44(0)7585-609-508.
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.