NEW YORK, Sept. 28, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Boxed Wholesale, the online wholesale shopping club with no membership fees, is pleased to announce that the Company has been named to the 2016 Best Places to Work in New York City list by Crain's New York Business and Best Companies Group.
With corporate offices in Manhattan and San Mateo, Boxed has hundreds of employees, three fulfillment centers around the country, and millions of customers who use either the Boxed app or the desktop site to place their wholesale orders.
"We are so pleased that Boxed has been recognized with this prestigious honor," said co-founder and CEO Chieh Huang. We have brought together some of the best engineers, designers, merchandisers, marketers, human resource professionals, and customer service specialists in the country to not only make shopping for bulk easy and convenient for our customers, but also to create a rewarding workplace environment for our Boxed family of employees."
Boxed has become known for their remarkable employee benefits. In 2015, Huang personally created a fund to pay for employees' children's college tuition. This year, Boxed announced a new wedding benefit, which offers assistance with wedding costs after an employee faced with financial hardship after covering his mother's medical bills was unable to pay for his upcoming wedding.
The 2016 Best Places to Work in New York City list is determined largely by an employee survey, which makes up 75% of the ranking and measures the employee experience and satisfaction. The remaining 25% consists of an analysis of the organization's workplace policies, practices, philosophy, systems and demographics. The official ranking will be announced by Crain's New York Business and Best Companies Group at a celebratory luncheon on December 2, 2016.
"At Boxed, the Company's success is everyone's business," says Elana Krieger, Head of Human Resources. "Boxed focuses on customers first. The HR team is dedicated to putting our employees first; which means making our offices and distribution centers great places to work. Dedicated, motivated, empowered employees in turn drive superior value and experience to our customers. A technology company at our core, our office is a dynamic collaborative group, committed to our mission and one another. Plus, an endless supply of Boxed snacks doesn't hurt."
To learn more about one of Crain's New York Business's Best Places to Work in New York City or to find out how to become part of the Boxed team, please visit boxed.com/careers/.
About Boxed Wholesale:
Founded in 2013, Boxed has taken the best elements of the wholesale shopping experience and folded it into one innovative, cutting edge mobile app that allows consumers direct-to-their-door access to all of their favorite warehouse club products, without membership fees. Boxed brings convenience and savings to on-the-go consumers who don't have the time, means or patience to shop at a brick and mortar big box club. The brand's innovative discovery-based design recreates the fun of the treasure hunt experience with a curated selection of everyday essentials that consumers love including household staples, health and beauty supplies, office pantry items, groceries and a wide variety of organic and green products.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/boxed-wholesale-named-one-of-the-best-places-to-work-in-new-york-city-300335762.html
SOURCE Boxed Wholesale