BR Guest Hospitality Chefs, Cooking Channel Stars, and Caesars Culinary Talent Join the 2011 Food Network Atlantic City Food and Wine Festival Roster
BR Guest Hospitality Executive Chefs Anthony Amoroso, Ivy Stark, Brett Reichler; Cooking Channel Talent Roger Mooking, Kelsey Nixon and Ben Sargent, Join Renowned Caesars Entertainment Chefs Luke Palladino and Deborah Pellegrino at Regional Summer Food Festival
ATLANTIC CITY, N.J., July 19, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Caesars Entertainment Atlantic City and Food Network have announced exciting new additions to the upcoming 2011 Food Network Atlantic City Food and Wine Festival, including notable BR Guest Hospitality Executive Chefs, top stars from Cooking Channel, and celebrated Caesars Entertainment culinary talents Chef Luke Palladino and Chef Deborah Pellegrino. The festival, which kicks off on Thursday, July 28th, will feature events throughout the weekend concluding on Sunday, July 31st, 2011.
"We are proud and privileged to have this group of talented chefs join the exceptional Caesars Entertainment culinary team for one of the Nation's most celebrated annual food events," said Jennifer Weissman, Regional Vice President of Marketing for Caesars Entertainment. "As the newest members to join the ranks of exceptional culinary talent in Atlantic City, we look forward to having them showcase their skills at this year's Food Network Atlantic City Food and Wine Festival."
BR Guest Hospitality became a new partner of Caesars Entertainment as of summer 2011 with the openings of Dos Caminos and Bill's Bar & Burger at Harrah's Resort as well as Atlantic Grill at Caesars. Corporate Chef of Joint Ventures Anthony Amoroso, Dos Caminos Executive Chef Ivy Stark and Bill's Bar & Burger Executive Chef Brett Reichler will showcase their culinary talents and expertise alongside some of the most recognizable chefs, including Food Network talent Sunny Anderson, Guy Fieri, Robert Irvine, and Pat and Gina Neely at events such as:
- Fire and Ice with Robert Irvine (Saturday, July 30th): Chef Ivy Stark will join host Robert Irvine in igniting your taste buds with samplings of the hottest foods and coolest drinks from Dos Caminos. This smokin' Latin fare lives alongside cool, refreshing morsels with a selection of cocktails that runs the gamut from a Siberian Sunrise to a Flaming B-52 and everything in between you can have your spice and chill out too.
- Sun, Sand & Organic: A Wine Tasting (Sunday, July 31st): Chef Anthony Amoroso will join Food Network's Robert Irvine and have you posted up at the raw bar with some truly organic finger foods from Atlantic Grill at the first Atlantic City Green Organic Beach Wine and Food tasting with organic wines from wineries around the country paired with a menu that is completely raw. This event will feature no electricity, no petroleum and all products will be recycled or donated.
Popular Cooking Channel talent Roger Mooking, Kelsey Nixon and Ben Sargent will also be making an appearance at the festival this year. Ticketed guests will have the chance to participate in cooking classes with this team of culinary stars at the world-class Viking Cooking School at Harrah's Resort. Additionally, one of New Jersey's most acclaimed chefs, Luke Palladino, who recently opened an exceptional new restaurant at Harrah's Resort this May, will participating in these Viking School events which include:
- From Sea to Table with Ben Sargent (Friday, July 29th): Sea lovers must attend this Viking Cooking School demonstration hosted by Ben Sargent, star of Cooking Channel's Hook Line & Dinner. Enjoy the tastes of a true sea to table experience and delight in the company of the man also known as the "Brooklyn Chowder Surfer."
- A Dash of Soul with Roger Mooking (Saturday, July 30th): Roger Mooking, star of Cooking Channel's Everyday Exotic and the upcoming Food Network series Heat Seekers, will creatively demonstrate some of his most distinctive dishes to sample in our Viking Cooking School kitchen.
- Kelsey's Favorites with Kelsey Nixon (Saturday, July 30th): Join Cooking Channel favorite Kelsey Nixon from Kelsey's Essentials in an up close and personals setting to discuss her top tips and favorite recipes, while sampling some of her tastiest dishes.
- Southern Italian Classics with Chef Luke Palladino (Sunday, July 31st): Meet Chef Luke Palladino, Executive Chef of Luke Palladino at Harrah's Resort. Savor his delicious Southern Italian style creations made from farm fresh ingredients creating bold but down to earth flavors. Learn about the essential elements in his culturally rich cuisine over a nice glass of wine (or two!).
These new events are in addition to the previously announced Food Network events being held during the festival. Food personalities Sunny Anderson, Guy Fieri, Robert Irvine, and Pat & Gina Neely will all showcase their talents during this exciting weekend. Some of their events include:
- Guy Fieri's Cheesesteak Battle (Friday, July 29th): Regional chefs go head-to-head in the ultimate battle of the best, judged by Guy Fieri and event participants, to see who will receive the award for top cheesesteak.
- Sweet & Stylish Hosted by Sunny Anderson (Saturday, July 30th): Bill's Bar & Burger Executive Chef Brett Reichler and Chef Deborah Pellegrino, Executive Pastry Chef for Harrah's Resort and Showboat Atlantic City and two time contestant of the popular TV show Food Network Challenge will join Food Network's Sunny Anderson and embrace the sweeter side of life with mouthwatering milkshakes and cupcakes. Blending designer fashion and sensual desserts, Sunny Anderson will showcase specialty cocktails while additional chefs serve their favorite desserts and models walk the catwalk in today's trendiest fashions.
A great way to catch all of the amazing chefs participating in this year's festival, including the headlining Food Network stars, Cooking Channel talent, chefs from all three BR Guest Hospitality restaurants on property, and top Caesars Entertainment talents, is the official Food Network Kick-Off Party, happening Thursday, July 28th at 10pm at The Pool at Harrah's Resort.
The festival offers more than 30 events such as cooking demonstrations, wine and spirits seminars, and walk-around tasting events. These new celebrated chefs will join national and local talents at some of this year's most anticipated events.
The Food Network Atlantic City Food & Wine Festival recently was named as one of "America's Top 50 Festivals" by PARADE Magazine, America's most widely read magazine, enjoyed by 69 million readers through more than 590 of the nation's finest newspapers.
Tickets for the Food Network Atlantic City Food and Wine Festival are available starting at only $30. Tickets are on sale now and can be purchased online at www.acfoodandwine.com, www.ticketmaster.com or by calling Ticketmaster at 800-736-1420.
About Caesars Entertainment
Caesars Entertainment Corporation is the world's largest casino entertainment company. Since its beginning in Reno, Nevada, more than 70 years ago, Caesars has grown through development of new resorts, expansions and acquisitions, and now operates casinos on four continents. The company's resorts operate primarily under the Harrah's®, Caesars® and Horseshoe® brand names. Caesars also owns the World Series of Poker® and the London Clubs International family of casinos. Caesars Entertainment is focused on building loyalty and value with its guests through a unique combination of great service, excellent products, unsurpassed distribution, operational excellence and technology leadership. Caesars is committed to environmental sustainability and energy conservation and recognizes the importance of being a responsible steward of the environment. For more information, please visit www.caesars.com.
About BR Guest Hospitality
Since opening its first restaurant in 1987, BR Guest Hospitality President and Founder Stephen Hanson and his team have redefined the restaurant experience through an emphasis on hospitality and quality. Current BR Guest properties in New York City include Atlantic Grill, Atlantic Grill at Lincoln Center, Bill's Bar & Burger Meatpacking District, Bill's Bar & Burger Rockefeller Center, Blue Fin, Blue Water Grill, Dos Caminos Meatpacking District, Dos Caminos Park, Dos Caminos Soho, Dos Caminos Third, Isabella's, Ocean Grill, Primehouse New York, Ruby Foo's, Wildwood Barbeque, 1920 Bunker Club, and 675 Bar. Other BR Guest locations include Fiamma Trattoria in the MGM Grand and Dos Caminos at the Palazzo Resort Hotel Casino in Las Vegas; Dos Caminos Fort Lauderdale at the Sheraton Fort Lauderdale Beach Hotel; and Dos Caminos and Bill's Bar & Burger at Harrah's Resort and Atlantic Grill at Caesars Hotel & Casino in Atlantic City. In 2007, BR Guest reinforced its commitment to the environment by becoming the first national multi-concept restaurant group to be certified green by the Green Restaurant Association™. BR Guest's commitment to service and hospitality is also evident through its dedication of time and resources to community-based organizations including City-Meals-On-Wheels, Memorial Sloan Kettering, Publicolor Board Member, PENCIL, and The James Beard Foundation. Founder Stephen Hanson is a member of the Department of Consumer Affairs' Consumers Council for New York City.
About Cooking Channel
COOKING CHANNEL (www.cookingchanneltv.com) is an entertainment brand dedicated to today's passionate food lover. For food people, by food people, Cooking Channel is the answer to a growing hunger for more content devoted to food and cooking in every dimension from global cuisines to international travel, history and unconventional how-to's. Scripps Networks Interactive (NYSE: SNI), which also owns and operates DIY Network (www.diynetwork.com, Food Network (www.foodnetwork.com), Great American Country (www.gactv.com), HGTV (www.hgtv.com) and Travel Channel (www.travelchannel.com), is the manager and general partner.
DKC Public Relations
SOURCE Caesars Entertainment Atlantic City
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.