Brad's Deals Announces 2013 Holiday Shopping Study & Predictions Top Trends Including: Mobile, The First $2B Online Spending Day & Predicted Store Hours
CHICAGO, Oct. 3, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- The holiday buzz has already started and Best-Selling Author Brad Wilson of Brad's Deals has some bold predictions on the changes we'll see this holiday season including:
- First $2B Online Shopping Day - Cyber Monday will be the first $2B online spending day EVER
- $50B in Total Online Sales - The 2013 Holiday Shopping Season (Nov 1 - Dec 31) will surpass $50B in total online sales
- Black Thursday - Online spending on Thanksgiving will increase by 40% in 2013 as retailers shift to more online deals. Brad predicts that most large retailers will match the trend Walmart started in 2012 and rollout their doorbuster deals at 8 p.m. on Thanksgiving with some bold retailers opening as early as 7 p.m.
- Top Items - Electronics will continue to be the most sought after holiday items, especially with the launch of the affordable iPhone 5C, Xbox One and PS4
- Free Shipping Day is a Hoax! - When you look at Free Shipping Day 2012 to Free Shipping Day 2011, you will see the 6% decrease year-over-year. Brad predicts this continued decline as most retailers can fulfill online orders as late as December 23 while still offering free shipping.
- Almost Half of Online Shopping Will Be From Mobile - On Thanksgiving Day itself, we saw mobile traffic increase to 41% compared to 34% in 2011 and tablet traffic increase to 11% compared to 6% in 2011. We predict that as much as 60% of traffic will be from mobile devices on Thanksgiving Day in 2013.
See the complete Brad's Deals Holiday Shopping Study results and infographic. Major retailers are already putting out their lists of top holiday toys for 2013. We reviewed all of the lists and have our own prediction for the Top 12 Hot Holiday Toys for 2013.
ABOUT BRAD'S DEALS
BradsDeals.com is the largest editorial-driven deals site with more than 11 million email subscribers. For the past 11 years, Brad's Deals has been dedicated to publishing the best online deals and coupon codes daily. Editor-in-Chief Brad Wilson created Brad's Deals while a college student as a way to spread the word about the online shopping tips and tricks that he learned as a student.
SOURCE Brad's Deals