SANTA MONICA, Calif., Nov. 10, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- The Progressive® International Motorcycle Shows® (IMS), the motorsports industry's most powerful method for engaging qualified buyers, is thrilled to announce its many attractions presented throughout the tour's seven stops. Stunt shows, temporary airbrush tattoos, interactive games, social media opportunities, and more will be available on the 2016-2017 IMS tour, providing attendees with a one-of-a-kind experience on a dynamic and exciting show floor.
The 2016-2017 Progressive® IMS tour kicks off at the Long Beach Convention Center in Long Beach, CA on November 18-20. To learn more about the IMS tour, see the full tour schedule and purchase tickets, please visit: motorcycleshows.com
Tracy Harris, Senior Vice President Powersports Group, UBM: "Our goal is to make the IMS tour as interactive and fun as possible for our attendees. We want to provide an unforgettable experience to all that attend one of our shows, while advancing the motorcycle industry forward through the showcase of new bikes, equipment and technology from many of the industry leading OEM's and exhibitors."
The most significant addition to the Progressive® IMS Tour is a mobile app and digital interface that will allow consumers to seamlessly interact with main show attractions and participating brands. Through the swipe of an Event Pass, attendees can participate in an experience called WIN PLAY VOTE, allowing them to win prizes, play games, join activities and share it all in real time socially. By connecting the consumer audience with exhibiting brands, the tour is able to deliver a higher ROI to its partner brands and an elevated experience to the consumer audience.
Another notable attraction is the brand new stunt show, featuring Jimmy Fitzpatrick and the Metal Mulisha Fitz Army. Fitzpatrick and his fellow Fitz Army riders plan to put on a show that has not been seen before on the IMS tour, displaying their freestyle motocross talents in the form of flips, whips, heel clickers and more. This new attraction will be present at five of the seven stops on the 2017 tour, excluding Washington D.C. and Chicago.
Other new attractions highlighted at the 2017 Progressive® International Motorcycle Show include:
- NEW: Inked Tattoo Parlor- Featured at all of the stops on the tour, the Inked tattoo parlor, presented in partnership with Inked Magazine, will provide attendees with temporary airbrush tattoos of their choice. Tattoo options range from classic tattoo art to motorcycles and logos.
- REVAMPED: IMS Vintage- The recently re-done IMS Vintage will display classic and retro motorcycles from across the country in a whole new way. Come see what's new this year.
Scott Hall, Motorcycle Product Manager, Progressive Insurance: "As the #1 motorcycle insurer, we understand the passion of riders everywhere. So, this year we'll be kicking it up a notch with a newly refreshed Progressive® Parlor. New to the Parlor this tour is the Partner Showroom and Progressive® Stage, where you can enjoy live music and industry leader interviews. Rooted in modern, motorcycle culture, the Progressive Parlor continues to be a fun, must see experience for visitors of all ages."
The 2017 Progressive® IMS tour also plans to bring back many attendee favorites and staple features, which include:
- The Progressive® Welcome Center- Accumulating awesome giveaways and gear at IMS is easier when you have a convenient Progressive® show bag. We offer them free to every attendee at the Welcome Center, as well as directions to the Progressive® Parlor and info on how to get your hands on more swag. In addition, Progressive® customers are rewarded with a free VIP gift!
- The Progressive® Stage- This year, the Progressive® stage will host a variety of intriguing guests, including performances from local bands, artist Makoto Endo and more. Come snag a front-row seat and experience motorcycle culture first hand with us.
- The Progressive® Parlor- The Progressive® Parlor is a one-stop-shop for entertainment and service. Within the Parlor, Progressive® operates a collection of activities: Grab a cup of Joe, watch live motorcycle illustration, check out innovative industry products in the partner showroom, get barber or manicure services from Flo's Chop Shop, or just relax with friends at the Progressive® stage while enjoying live music and industry leader interviews.
- Flo's Chop Shop- Get cleaned up at Flo's Chop Shop from the best barbers, hand-picked out of Austin, TX. We also offer other personal tune-ups, such as boot shines, and mini-manicures, for all riders alike. During the month of November, Progressive® teams up with the Movember Foundation for a second year of the Mo's and Moto's campaign, to help raise money and awareness for men's health. Come into Flo's Chop Shop to sign up*, shave down, and learn more about "Throttle Therapy". *Complimentary gifts are distributed to all Mos and Moto's participants!
- Flo's Coffee Grinder- A place to take a load off, grab a cup of Joe (or other hot beverage), and discuss all things motorcycle insurance, Flo's Coffee Grinder has you covered. Progressive® agents are on-site with free caffeine to get you revved up with the right information and to continue your journey through the International Motorcycle Show. Besides leather, how else are you covered?
- The Studio- Motorcycles and art, see it come alive at The Progressive® Studio! An artist will be onsite to create unique motorcycle-inspired masterpieces, inspired by those who love to ride and the beautiful works of art that we call motorcycles.
- The Marketplace presented by Cycle Gear-The Marketplace presented by Cycle gear has been a focal point of the IMS tour as it serves as a one stop shop for all of the latest motorcycle parts, accessories and equipment from many of the leading brands in the industry.
- J&P Cycles Ultimate Builder Custom Bike Show- Now in its eighth consecutive year, the J&P Cycles Ultimate Builder Custom Bike Show is the largest and one of the most sought after touring custom bike competitions in the United States.
- Kids Zone Presented by Allstate- Young children, aged 18 months – 5 years old, can explore life on two wheels for free. This allows kids to experience the challenge and thrill of riding a balance bike in a safe environment.
- Demo Rides- Licensed riders get the chance to test ride bikes from many of the participating brands including BMW, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Indian, Slingshot, Suzuki, Victory, and Yamaha. The Demo ride program is only offered at IMS Long Beach.
To learn more about the attractions at the Progressive® IMS tour, please visit: http://www.motorcycleshows.com/attractions
About Progressive® International Motorcycle Shows® (www.motorcycleshows.com)
The Progressive® International Motorcycle Shows® offer enthusiasts an all-access pass to the world of motorcycling. Launched in 1982, the tour showcases hundreds of the latest street bikes, dirt bikes, cruisers, scooters and ATVs for new and experienced riders, and gives enthusiasts of all ages the opportunity to check out the latest gear and aftermarket accessories, as well as hours of entertainment. The Progressive® International Motorcycle Shows® is managed by the UBM Americas Powersports Group, a member of the Motorcycle Industry Council.
About UBM Americas
UBM Americas, a part of UBM plc, is the largest business-to-business events and trade show organizer in the U.S. Through a range of aligned interactive physical and digital environments, UBM Americas increases business effectiveness for both customers and audiences by cultivating meaningful experiences, knowledge and connections. UBM Americas has offices spanning North and South America, and serves a variety of specialist industries with dedicated events and marketing services covering everything from fashion, tech and life sciences to advanced manufacturing, cruise shipping, specialty chemicals, powersports and automotive, concrete, hospitality, cargo transportation and more. For more information, visit: www.ubmamericas.com.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/brand-new-attractions-to-be-introduced-at-the-2017-progressive-international-motorcycle-shows-ims-300360561.html
SOURCE Progressive International Motorcycle Shows