Braskem announces 4Q12 and 2012 Results
SAO PAULO, Feb. 7, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- BRASKEM S.A. (BM&FBOVESPA: BRKM3, BRKM5 and BRKM6; NYSE: BAK; LATIBEX: XBRK announces today its results for 4Q12 and 2012.
- Braskem's sales in 2012 were up 10%, while its market share reached 70%, a 5 p.p. expansion on 2011.
- Crackers capacity utilization rate in 4Q12 stood at 82%, reflecting the weaker global demand and the unscheduled shutdowns due to problems related to the electricity supply. In 2012, the capacity utilization rate was 89%, reflecting the improved operational performance at crackers compared to 2011 (83%).
- EBITDA in 4Q12 was R$1,399 million or US$677 million, positively affected by the R$516 million gain from the divestment of non-core assets. In 2012, EBITDA was R$3,958 million, growing 6% from 2011.
- In 2012, Braskem started operations at its new PVC plant and butadiene capacity expansion project.
- In December 2012, the US$3.2 billion financing structure for the integrated petrochemical complex in Mexico to produce polyethylene was concluded with the support of a multinational pool of seven banks and credit agencies.
- In the year, Braskem concluded the second phase of engineering for the Comperj project. Work on the basic engineering projects for the industrial units is expected to begin in 2013.
- In December 2012, Braskem divested non-core assets in Brazil and United States in the aggregate amount of R$822 million, which led to the recognition of a gain of R$516 million in last quarter.
- The Company obtained a US$200 million loan due in November 2022 from Nippon Export and Investment Insurance ("NEXI"). The loan will be disbursed in 1Q13 and the semiannual interest payments are composed of currency variation, Libor + 1.1% p.a.
The full earnings release is available on the Company's IR website: www.braskem.com.br/ir
Braskem will host conference calls to discuss its Results TODAY, February 7, 2013, at 11:30 a.m. ET in English and 10:00 a.m. ET in Portuguese. See connecting details on the Company's IR website.
For further information, contact Braskem's Investor Relations Area:
Guilherme Melega , +55 (11) 3576-9531, email@example.com
Roberta Pimphari Varella, +55 (11) 3576-9266, firstname.lastname@example.org
Susana Yamamoto , +55 (11) 3576-9970, email@example.com
Daniela Balle de Castro , +55 (11) 3576-9615, firstname.lastname@example.org
Pedro Gomes de Souza , +55 (11) 3576-9010, email@example.com
SOURCE Braskem S.A.
More by this Source
Braskem anuncia resultados do 1T13
May 09, 2013, 10:28 ET
Braskem Announces 1Q13 Results
May 09, 2013, 10:22 ET
Braskem arquiva Formulário 20-F de 2012 e disponibiliza o relatório em seu website
Apr 08, 2013, 19:27 ET
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.