To download brochure and for more information on the event, please visit http://frost.ly/j8
"New business models in mobility have the potential to transform the logistics landscape in Africa," notes Craig Parker, Head of Mobility for Africa at Frost & Sullivan. "We have already seen the development of the mobile-based freight brokerage market, where examples like UberRush (retail) and UberCargo already exist on the global stage."
The linkages between infrastructure development and digital mobility will also play a key role in the uptake of new mobility solutions, as well as the eventual path development will take. Challenges relating to safety and urban congestion will also influence the development trajectory. Multi-modal solutions in Africa will also change the transportation landscape for passengers and goods.
"The expanding transport corridor projects in East Africa, for example, are expected to reveal greater logistics opportunities and increase the demand for commercial vehicles in East Africa significantly over the next 5 years," notes Parker. "Frost & Sullivan is currently undertaking an analysis of the commercial vehicle demand in East and West Africa and how transformational shifts globally - like new business models, as well as, convergence in mobility and public transport spending - will shape the future of mobility on the African continent. We also track automotive and mobility trends on the African continent and find South Africa will become more regionally integrated with their exports, Algeria's automotive market is growing strongly and will lead North Africa, commercial vehicle sales in East and West Africa will surpass passenger vehicle sales and there will be a growing interest in local manufacture of off-highway vehicles on the continent to support large-scale infrastructure developments and construction."
Highlights of the "New Mobility Business Models" workshop will include:
- What are the key transformational shifts in mobility globally?
- Will global mobility solutions work in Africa?
- What are the potential new business models and new mobility solutions?
- What does slow infrastructure development and rising congestion in urban areas mean for automotive sales in Africa?
- What are the major obstacles we must remove for mobility solutions to thrive in Africa?
- Who are, and who should be, the key stakeholders involved in mobility transformation on the continent?
- What will be the top mobility shifts in the next 5 years vs. the next 20 years and why?
With over 200 industry experts and visionaries in attendance, GIL 2016: Africa will be a remarkable platform to discuss and deliberate the future of business, convergence of new business models, Mega Trends and disruptive technologies.
GIL 2016: Africa
The Table Bay Hotel, Cape Town, South Africa
18 August, 2016
Programme - www.frost.com/GILAfrica
For more information on Frost & Sullivan's on GIL 2016: Africa congress and for media passes, please e-mail, Samantha James, Corporate Communications for Frost & Sullivan Africa at Samantha.email@example.com
About Frost & Sullivan
Frost & Sullivan, a Growth Partnership and Consulting Firm, works in collaboration with clients to leverage visionary innovation that addresses the global challenges and related growth opportunities that will make or break today's market participants.
Our "Growth Partnership" supports clients by addressing these opportunities and incorporating two key elements driving visionary innovation: The Integrated Value Proposition and The Partnership Infrastructure.
- The Integrated Value Proposition provides support to our clients throughout all phases of their journey to visionary innovation including research, analysis, strategy, vision, innovation, and implementation.
- The Partnership Infrastructure is entirely unique as it constructs the foundation upon which visionary innovation becomes possible. This includes our 360-degree research, comprehensive industry coverage, career best practices as well as our global footprint of more than 40 offices.
For more than 50 years, we have been developing growth strategies for the global 1000, emerging businesses, the public sector, and the investment community. Is your organization prepared for the next profound wave of industry convergence, disruptive technologies, increasing competitive intensity, Mega Trends, breakthrough best practices, changing customer dynamics, and emerging economies? Join Us: Join our community
Corporate Communications – Africa
P: +27 21 680 3574
F: +27 21 680 3296
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/brexit-challenges-present-new-growth-opportunities-for-automotive-players-in-africa-says-frost--sullivan-300294826.html
SOURCE Frost & Sullivan