Bridal Resolutions For 2014
David's Bridal "What's on Brides' Minds" Survey Explores Hot Bridal Topics for the Year Ahead
CONSHOHOCKEN, Pa., Jan. 7, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Thirty-three percent of people got engaged between Thanksgiving and New Year's Day, resulting in a host of women now sporting new sparklers on their ring fingers. With thoughts of weddings in the air, the nation's leading bridal and special occasion authority gets to the heart of love, marriage and everything in between in the David's Bridal 8th annual "What's On Brides' Minds" survey of newly engaged and married women.
"It's Bridal Christmas in the wedding world, and we're so excited to share some of the interesting results from this year's 'What's On Brides' Minds' survey," said Brian Beitler, Chief Marketing Officer at David's Bridal. "From what celebrity pair women would want in their wedding party to how they met the love of their life, the insights are intriguing and give a glimpse at love in 2014."
New Year's Resolution – Wallet Over Weight?
Most people vow to shed a few pounds at the beginning of each year, but there's one thing that's more important than weight loss for blushing brides.
- When asked if they would rather lose 15 pounds or have their wedding completely paid for, an overwhelming 75 percent of women chose to take the cash!
The Bride's "Golden" Duo
Tina Fey and Amy Poehler are sure to get a lot of laughs when hosting the Golden Globes for the second time on January 12th, and it looks like the funniest women in television are also who brides want to calm their marital jitters!
- These comedic BFFs are the pair that most brides would want to have in their wedding party! With 30 percent of the vote, they beat out fellow besties Jennifer Aniston and Courteney Cox (27 percent), Katy Perry and Rihanna (22 percent), Taylor Swift and Selena Gomez (15 percent), and Kathie Lee Gifford and Hoda Kotb (6 percent).
Love at First Sight?
Romantic stories tell us that women know "he's the one" from the moment they meet, but is love at first sight really true?
- According to women surveyed, a majority (56 percent) said they didn't know their significant other was "the one" when they first met.
- Still, an astounding 44 percent of women knew he was "the one" right off the bat!
TV sweethearts Sean Lowe and his "Bachelor" pick, Catherine Guidici, are set to walk down the aisle on January 26th in a televised wedding affair.
- These two met on TV, but how do other couples get connected with their future spouse?
- Most meet through a friend (with 27 percent of respondents saying a pal did the matchmaking), but a close second is online (with 20 percent meeting in cyberspace), showing the rise of online dating!
- Sure, Catherine and Sean said "I do" to getting hitched on national TV, but would the average couple want their nuptials broadcasted?
- This is not so much the case, as 64 percent of brides said they would NOT consider Skyping or live streaming their vows for those not in attendance to see.
- 22 percent of couples aren't as camera shy and said they did or will in fact broadcast their nuptials online!
For more information on David's Bridal and the brand's wedding resources, visit www.davidsbridal.com.
About David's Bridal:
With more than 60 years of experience dressing women of all ages for life's special occasions, David's Bridal understands the importance of providing brides-to-be with a vast selection of exquisitely crafted bridal gowns and bridal party dresses. Known for outstanding value, fashionable designs and the ease of one-stop shopping, nearly 60% of all brides in the US choose to shop at one of more than 300 David's Bridal stores located across the US, Canada and Puerto Rico. Working with a knowledgeable bridal consultant, a customer can enjoy trying on a wide selection of gowns and dresses in her size with the added convenience that most styles are available to take home the same day. To learn more about David's Bridal, visit www.davidsbridal.com.
SOURCE David's Bridal
More by this Source
The Bride Wore Zac Posen!
Feb 04, 2014, 06:00 ET
David's Bridal Rolls Out The Red Carpet With First Store Opening In Hollywood
Dec 05, 2013, 06:30 ET
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.