Bringing the Dark Side of High Heels to Light With the aesthetic and medical treatments offered at Beverly Hills Physicians, you can enjoy the confidence boost you feel in high heels without suffering from the side effects
LOS ANGELES, July 28, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- It doesn't take a brilliant scientist to tell you that women love the way they look and feel while wearing high heels. Yet, it's still interesting to learn that the aesthetic appeal of a woman in high heels goes well beyond societal or cultural traditions. A 2013 study in Evolution and Human Behavior even found that high heels enhance the femininity of a woman's movements – making women appear more appealing and sexy to every person they come across. However, as many women are all-too-aware, the effect that high heels can have on the foot can lead to a number of painful and unattractive side effects. Fortunately, women no longer have to suffer physical side effects to enjoy the confidence boost and aesthetic beauty that comes from high heels, thanks to amazing podiatric procedures like toe shortening provided at Beverly Hills Physicians.
Many women never feel as confident in their appearance as they do wearing a truly stunning, exquisitely crafted pair of heels. Yet, the problems that can arise from wearing high heels often discourage women from wearing them. Potential health issues that can be caused or worsened by heels can include:
- Hammer toe – Since high heels can force the toe against the front of the shoe, an unnatural bending can occur, leading to this potentially painful deformity, where in a toe curls at the middle joint.
- Corns and Calluses – Friction caused by rubbing your foot against a heel can lead to these thick, hard layers of skin.
- Bunions – These bony bumps form on the joint at the base of the big toe, or on the joint of the little toe (these are known as bunionettes). For those who suffer from bunions, tight-fitting high-heeled shoes can make bunion problems significantly worse.
- Stress Fractures – The pressure that high heels place on the forefoot can lead to these tiny cracks in the bone.
- Toenail Problems – Pressure on the feet can cause in-grown toenails and fungus.
Not surprisingly, any one of these issues can cause a woman to have second thoughts before strutting her stuff in her favorite funky set of heels. However, the team at BHP firmly believes that every woman should have the opportunity to enjoy all that life has to offer, including the confidence boost that comes from looking and feeling fantastic. That's why they provide a number of podiatry services that mold the foot into a more aesthetically-pleasing shape through procedures like toe shortening, as well as easing a woman's comfort while wearing heels, or treating any number of painful maladies.
As the preeminent center for health, beauty and wellness, it should come as no surprise that so many women have elected to undergo podiatric surgery for medical, comfort and aesthetic reasons at Beverly Hills Physicians. Their highly trained team is at the forefront of providing relief for individuals who will settle for nothing less than the best when it comes to achieving their beauty goals. By trusting their foot surgery to BHP, patients enjoy the peace-of-mind that comes from treatment from a truly dedicated team at a state-of-the-art facility.
For further information about podiatry and the many other treatments offered by the acclaimed specialists at Beverly Hills Physicians, please visit www.BeverlyHillsPhysicians.com or call 800-788-1416 for a free consultation. The group also posts regular updates on the Beverly Hills Physicians Facebook page, www.facebook.com/beverlyhillsphysicians.
PR Submitted by www.Cyberset.com
SOURCE Beverly Hills Physicians