Broadcom Announces Breakthrough Cable HD Set-Top Box Solutions
Cost-Optimized SoCs Deliver Advanced Multi-Tuner Experiences for Cable Systems Worldwide
BEIJING, March 21, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- China Content Broadcasting Network
- Integrated Full-Band Capture technology enables IP video content streaming to multiple displays, enhancing services and reducing MSO costs per home
- Cable to IP mini-server and transcoding technology enables low-cost DLNA streaming and IP video conferencing
- Support for 802.11ac Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, and RF4CE to enable wireless IP streaming and control
- Breakthrough price point and high performance enables deployment across cable networks worldwide
Broadcom Corporation (NASDAQ: BRCM), a global innovation leader in semiconductor solutions for wired and wireless communications, today announced the industry's first low cost, high definition (HD) digital cable set-top box SoCs with integrated Full-Band Capture and IP video server technology. Broadcom's BCM7583 and BCM7584 devices provide entry-level HD and HD-DVR platforms for cable MSOs with features that facilitate internet video streaming capabilities to multiple video devices simultaneously. Visit www.broadcom.com to learn more.
By integrating a complete single chip solution with a high-performance CPU, 3D graphics and Full-Band Capture technologies, the BCM7583 and BCM7584 enable operators throughout the world to provide cost effective and advanced video experiences to subscribers. Broadcom's new STB SoCs also provide state-of-the-art Conditional Access (CA) and Digital Rights Management (DRM) security, enabling the conversion of content from CA to an IP-DRM streaming content to protect the rights of content providers.
"Broadcom's innovative new CATV SoC technology digitizes the entire cable spectrum, delivering multi-screen user experiences in a cost-optimized HD cable mini-server platform," said Dan Marotta, Broadcom's Executive Vice President and General Manager, Broadband Communications Group. "Global operators can now effectively compete against IP and OTT service providers with a high-performance yet lower cost platform that combines the very latest industry technologies in an entry-level solution."
Broadcom will be demonstrating the BCM7583 and BCM7584 cable set-top box solution at CCBN in booth #3201.
- IP and OTT Service providers are attracting subscribers with video services on multiple screens in the home and IP on-demand content services
- Meets the needs of operators to provide cost-effective advanced services, increased ARPU and enhanced user experiences
- Cable operators are demanding low cost, high-performance HD platforms that run HTML5 browser-based user interfaces and OTT services
- Extends Broadcom's industry leading pin compatible entry level solutions (BCM7581 and BCM7582), providing dramatically higher CPU performance
- Integrates an advanced 3D graphics GPU for rich HTML5 applications and over the top (OTT) services
- Four QAM demodulators (BCM7584) or three QAM demodulators (BCM7583) supporting advanced multi-tuner experiences
- 802.11AC Wi-Fi interface supporting industry leading Wi-Fi video and High-Speed data services
- Integrated advanced remote diagnostics reduce operator support costs
- Modular DOCSIS 2.0 and C-DOCSIS support for cost-effective, modular two-way system compatibility:
- Enables cable operators to offer broadband Internet access and video on demand services
- Direct-RF DOCSIS modem interfaces enabling optional video platforms for VOD and internet services
- Reference design kits with optional DOCSIS 2.0 cable modems
- Meets China SARFT DCAS network content protection requirements
The Broadcom BCM7583 and BCM7584 cable set-top box SoCs are currently sampling and are available on multiple reference designs.
Broadcom Corporation (NASDAQ: BRCM), a FORTUNE 500® company, is a global leader and innovator in semiconductor solutions for wired and wireless communications. Broadcom® products seamlessly deliver voice, video, data and multimedia connectivity in the home, office and mobile environments. With the industry's broadest portfolio of state-of-the-art system-on-a-chip and embedded software solutions, Broadcom is changing the world by Connecting everything®. For more information, go to www.broadcom.com.
Broadcom®, the pulse logo, Connecting everything®, the Connecting everything logo are among the trademarks of Broadcom Corporation and/or its affiliates in the United States, certain other countries and/or the EU. Any other trademarks or trade names mentioned are the property of their respective owners.
SOURCE Broadcom Corporation; BRCM Broadband
More by this Source
Broadcom Announces MoCA 2.0 Golden Node Certification
Dec 03, 2013, 08:00 ET
Broadcom Expands C-DOCSIS® Product Line for Chinese Operators
Oct 23, 2013, 08:00 ET
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.