BARCELONA, Spain, Feb. 25, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Mobile World Congress -- Broadcom Corporation (NASDAQ: BRCM), a global innovation leader in semiconductor solutions for wired and wireless communications, today announced that Datang Mobile (DTM), a core subsidiary of the Datang Telecom Technology and Industry Group, has selected Broadcom's dual-mode TD-SCDMA/TD-LTE system-on-chip (SoC) to develop a new family of enterprise and residential small cell solutions. Broadcom's advanced small cell SoCs provide the high-performance architecture for Datang Mobile to meet growing demand for high-performance data services in China and expand deployment of its 4G TD-LTE network while minimizing operation costs. Broadcom will showcase its small cell innovations at Mobile World Congress in Barcelona, February 24 - 27. Visit www.connectingeverything.com to learn more.
With the rapid development of Chinese mobile technology and growing requirements on voice and video media services, subscribers now require better coverage and higher-capacity mobile networks. The collaboration between DTM and Broadcom will play an important role in future TD-LTE expanding network deployments by providing a smooth migration path from 3G TDSCDMA to 4G TD-LTE.
"As Chinese consumers demand for continuous and high quality coverage that supports voice, video and data continues to rise at a dramatic rate, mobile operators are seeking a low-cost, easy to deploy solution," said Greg Fischer, Broadcom Vice President and General Manager for Broadband Carrier Access. "By leveraging our small cell SoCs, leading cellular vendors such as Datang Mobile can quickly and cost-effectively develop small cell solutions that address these increasing capacity demands."
"Datang Mobile is an innovator in the Chinese communications industry, and has demonstrated excellent R&D capabilities and proven expertise in building large cellular networks," said Wang Xinmin, Datang Mobile vice Chief Engineer and General Manager for Mobile Communications. "By integrating Broadcom's advanced small cell SoC technology, we can build best-in-class carrier-grade enterprise and residential small cell solutions to maximize spectrum efficiency and offer multiple radio access technologies with the highest capacity to our customers."
Broadcom will demonstrate the latest small cell solutions at Mobile World Congress February 24 – 27.
Key Features of Datang Mobile Enterprise and Residential Small Cell Solutions
- Supports multi-mode operation simultaneously, including TD-SCDMA , TD-LTE and WiFi, which can meet access demands of 3G/4G/WiFi users
- Provides smooth migration path from TD-SCDMA mode to TD-LTE, capable of 40MHz LTE-A broadband
- Embedded self-organizing network (SON) technology, supporting a wide range of wireless monitoring to effectively reduce network interference and enhance overall network performance
- Low power consumption, low thermal production and small size give carriers flexibility in network construction
Key Features of the Broadcom® BCM617xx Series
- Concurrent support for 4G LTE 20 MHz channel with full 150 Mbps down link and 50 Mbps uplink
- Addresses enterprise and residential segment
- Supports LTE in both Frequency Division Duplexing (FDD) or Time Division Duplexing (TDD) modes
- Supports 3G in WCDMA and TD-SCDMA modes
- Embedded Advanced Self-Organizing Network (A-SON) technology
- Reduces operator costs to upgrade site performance and enhance overall mobile network capacity
Broadcom's BCM617xx Series for metropolitan, enterprise and residential TD-SCDMA and TD-LTE multi-mode small cell networks are currently in production. Datang Mobile expects to be shipping enterprise and residential small cell solutions based on Broadcom's dual-mode 3G TD-SCDMA/4G TD-LTE SoC in 2014.
Broadcom Corporation (NASDAQ: BRCM), a FORTUNE 500® company, is a global leader and innovator in semiconductor solutions for wired and wireless communications. Broadcom® products seamlessly deliver voice, video, data and multimedia connectivity in the home, office and mobile environments. With the industry's broadest portfolio of state-of-the-art system-on-a-chip solutions, Broadcom is changing the world by Connecting everything®. For more information, go to www.broadcom.com.
Broadcom®, the pulse logo, Connecting everything® and the Connecting everything logo are among the trademarks of Broadcom Corporation and/or its affiliates in the United States, certain other countries and/or the EU. Any other trademarks or trade names mentioned are the property of their respective owners.
SOURCE Broadcom Corporation; BRCM Broadband