Broadcom Delivers Complete Managed Home Network for Carriers First Silicon Provider to Integrate TR-069 Protocol across entire xDSL Product Line while adding TR-069 to xPON and HomePlug Platforms
AMSTERDAM, Oct. 16, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Broadband World Forum (BBWF) –
- Delivers advanced performance and remote management capabilities
- Lowers carrier costs with real-time ability to upgrade subscriber gateways and home networks
- Achieves new Broadband Forum BBF.069 CPE Certification
Broadcom Corporation (Nasdaq: BRCM), a global innovation leader in semiconductor solutions for wired and wireless communications, today announced availability for TR-069 protocol support across all broadband carrier access (xDSL, EPON, GPON) and HomePlug Powerline Networking (PLC) platforms. TR-069 allows carriers to enhance home networks with a more complete layer of management including remote configuration, performance monitoring, firmware download and diagnostic capabilities. The Broadband Forum's BBF.069 CPE Certification program provides carriers with assurance that the TR-069 implementation conforms to the Forum's specifications. Visit Broadcom.com to learn more.
Broadcom draws on over a decade of leadership in powering xDSL devices with millions of xDSL networks deployed with its TR-069 firmware. Leveraging its proven ability to integrate TR-069, Broadcom now extends its capabilities to integrate the protocol on new platforms including BCM60321 HomePlug PLC adapters and BCM685xx PON product family. This enables new levels of management across multiple connected devices in the network.
- Tailored to individual needs, carriers can now gather key management and performance information to improve customer video, VoIP and data services. TR-069 features include:
- Remote management to upgrade modems and firmware with new features in real-time and resolve installation and configuration problems.
- Remote management of a user's home network to access real-time data, diagnose problems quickly and improve customer service.
- Acquisition of home network performance to proactively solve problems and evaluate the performance of network technologies.
- Easily upgradeable and certifiable with a common code base across all Broadcom carrier access platforms to provide fast and reliable deployment of new software versions and data models across the entire product range.
- The Broadcom BCM96328AVNG Carrier Access Residential Gateway platform achieves BBF.069 CPE Certification, ensuring worldwide compatibility with TR-069 auto-configuration servers and services.
- The Broadcom BCM60321 HomePlug AV PLC system-on-a-chip (SoC) features TR-069, extending the level of remote management capability to PLC adapters.
Broadcom's xDSL, xPON, cable gateway and PLC platforms with TR-069 are available today and supported on all residential gateway platforms.
Greg Fischer, Broadcom's Vice President and General Manager, Broadband Carrier Access:
"Broadcom was among the first to deploy TR-069 enabled products throughout the world, giving carriers the ability to remotely manage subscriber home networks. We are pleased to support Broadband Forum certification efforts, and extend our proven ability to integrate TR-069 on residential gateways to HomePlug AV adapters, achieving new levels of management across all connected devices in the network. This gives carriers a whole new level of remote configuration and diagnostic services in the home, resulting in lower costs and better customer service."
Broadcom Corporation (NASDAQ: BRCM), a FORTUNE 500® company, is a global leader and innovator in semiconductor solutions for wired and wireless communications. Broadcom® products seamlessly deliver voice, video, data and multimedia connectivity in the home, office and mobile environments. With the industry's broadest portfolio of state-of-the-art system-on-a-chip and embedded software solutions, Broadcom is changing the world by Connecting everything®. For more information, go to www.broadcom.com.
Broadcom®, the pulse logo, Connecting everything®, the Connecting everything logo are among the trademarks of Broadcom Corporation and/or its affiliates in the United States, certain other countries and/or the EU. Any other trademarks or trade names mentioned are the property of their respective owners.
SOURCE Broadcom Corporation; BRCM Broadband