AMSTERDAM, Oct. 21, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Broadband World Forum (BBWF) 2013
- Multi-WAN SoC provides integrated ADSL2+, VDSL2 support and seamless fiber interfaces to carrier networks
- Integrated Gigabit Ethernet (GbE) switching with sophisticated P1905 network traffic management
- Vastly enhanced processing capabilities for optimum home networking performance
Broadcom Corporation (NASDAQ: BRCM), a global innovation leader in semiconductor solutions for wired and wireless communications, today announced its next generation, ultra high-performance digital subscriber line (DSL) and Gigabit routing device for residential gateways. The new multimode system-on-a-chip (SoC) provides increased xDSL performance, optimizes home network traffic flows and delivers multiple times the processing power of current carrier gateways. To learn more, visit Broadcom's Newsroom.
To address consumers' ever-increasing home networking requirements, including demand for high-bandwidth voice, video data applications, and enhanced Wi-Fi configurations, carriers are seeking even higher-performing residential gateway devices optimized for DSL reliability and performance on next generation copper and fiber access networks. Broadcom's new BCM63138 integrates single and multi-line ADSL2+/VDSL2 channel bonding interfaces supporting concurrent physical layer capabilities such as G.Vector, G.inp and SRA, along with GbE switching with advanced broadband WAN to home LAN traffic flow management.
"Broadcom's highly-integrated carrier access SoC, with its advanced performance and features, provides a leap forward for carriers to upgrade their network service offerings to consumers," said Greg Fischer, Broadcom Vice President of Broadband Carrier Access, Broadband Communications Group. "With immense packet processing capabilities, the BCM63138 has the opportunity to completely change the way home networks are managed, how services are offered and how traffic flows are optimized."
Incorporating dual-PCIe interfaces to support dual-band concurrent 802.11n and 802.11ac (5G WiFi) wireless networking configurations, USB3 host ports and SATA interfaces for mass storage support, and a hardware secure boot mechanism, the BCM63138 is uniquely positioned to facilitate the combination of set-top box and DSL gateway functionality into a single platform.
- 1 GHz dual-core CPU with VoIP enhancements for 5000 DMIPS of performance and separate hardware packet acceleration engine
- Integrated multimode ADSL2+/VDSL transceiver and AFEs
- Integrated support for 6-band VDSL2 single line, or 2-line VDSL2 bonding
- Integrated multi-channel VoIP with DECT baseband
- Multiple PCIe interfaces for dual-band concurrent WLAN
- Integrated multi-port Ethernet switch with integrated LAN 10/100/1000 Auto-MDIX GE PHY transceivers
- Integrated USB3 host and SATA ports
- Advanced power management capabilities
- High-performance 28nm fabrication process
The Broadcom® BCM63138 is currently sampling with volume production expected in 2014.
Broadcom Corporation (NASDAQ: BRCM), a FORTUNE 500® company, is a global leader and innovator in semiconductor solutions for wired and wireless communications. Broadcom® products seamlessly deliver voice, video, data and multimedia connectivity in the home, office and mobile environments. With the industry's broadest portfolio of state-of-the-art system-on-a-chip and embedded software solutions, Broadcom is changing the world by Connecting everything®. For more information, go to www.broadcom.com.
Broadcom ®, the pulse logo, Connecting everything® and the Connecting everything logo are among the trademarks of Broadcom Corporation and/or its affiliates in the United States, certain other countries and/or the EU. Any other trademarks or trade names mentioned are the property of their respective owners.
SOURCE Broadcom Corporation; BRCM Broadband