Broadcom Extends Market Leading Secure Processor Product Line to Wide Range of Fast Growing Applications New StrataGX™ Secure Processor Boosts Security, Multimedia and Networking Capabilities of Endpoint Devices
IRVINE, Calif., May 29, 2014 /PRNewswire/ --
- Integrates hardware security enabling device manufacturers to achieve stringent security certifications, such as FIPS, PCI and EMV
- High performance CPU delivers 6x improvement over Broadcom's current market leading secure processor
- Unmatched integration of communication and multimedia capabilities in a low power, secure processor
Broadcom Corporation (NASDAQ: BRCM), a global innovation leader in semiconductor solutions for wired and wireless communications, today announced a new secure processor that delivers unmatched performance, security, networking and multimedia capabilities for a wide range of endpoint applications including payment terminals and devices aggregating data from Internet of Things (IoT) applications. This new offering allows manufacturers to address the performance and security concerns of end customers when using IoT, point-of-sale, and other networked applications. For more news, visit Broadcom's Newsroom.
The BCM58300 is designed to protect sensitive user data and end systems against common hardware and software security attacks. Broadcom's latest product offering powers authenticated and intelligent processing nodes to aggregate data from sensors, payment cards, wireless devices, keypads, security cameras and other connected devices and securely processes this information to the network.
"As the number of connected devices continue to increase, safeguarding sensitive data and credentials becomes extremely important," said Ed Redmond, Broadcom Vice President and General Manager, Compute & Connectivity. "With its versatile feature set, high levels of integration and multimedia capabilities, Broadcom's latest processor offering addresses these data security concerns and extends our market leading position in payment terminals to other market segments and applications, all within a very small footprint."
The new addition to the StrataGX family, the BCM58300, incorporates the industry's most advanced hardware security, a high performance ARM Cortex A9 processor running up to 1.25GHz and versatile communications and user interfaces, all contained in a very small package and power envelope. The ARM Cortex A9 processor also includes L1 and L2 caches, ARM NEON™ Single Instruction, Multiple Data (SIMD) architecture extensions and floating-point unit to support enhanced graphics, audio, video, and other capabilities. For enhanced user interfaces and larger device displays, a hardware 3D graphics accelerator is integrated as well.
Additionally, the BCM58300 is integrated with enhanced BroadSAFE™ Security, providing exceptionally strong hardware-based protection for critical user and payment data without impacting system performance. BroadSAFE™ capabilities include hardware cryptographic acceleration, Secure boot, Security Protection Logic such as Tampers, Monitors, Sensors, and battery-backed logic. In addition the BCM58300 family integrates ARM TrustZONE™ secure processing architecture.
The BCM58300 enables cost effective and power-efficient system designs and is aimed at a broad set of embedded applications including wireless audio, industrial Ethernet applications, home automation devices and others.
- Next generation BroadSAFE security with secure protection logic and monitors, tamper detection and sensors, crypto acceleration, physical mesh, battery-backed logic
- Device customization with Secure Boot capability
- Secure Memory Access Controller with on-the-fly encryption and decryption
- Static and Differential Power Analysis (SPA/DPA) countermeasures
- Smart Card UART controllers (2)
- ARM Trustzone secure processing architecture
- ARM Cortex A9 up to 1.25GHz with L1 and 256KB L2 cache, NEON and floating point unit
- LCD Controller (parallel and serial MIPI)
- 3D graphics hardware acceleration
- Camera Interface
- NAND, QSPI NOR, DDR, and SRAM memory controllers
- 10-channel ADC for Resistive Touchscreen Panel and System Sensors
- Keypad interface
- I2S and SPDIF with timestamp support for tracking and synchronizing audio streams
- Four-port 10/100/1000 Ethernet Switch/MAC with EEE-compliant PHYs
- PCI Express (PCIe) gen 2
- USB 2.0 host and device interfaces (3)
- Controlling Area Networking (CAN), (2)
- Multiple Pulse-Width Modulation (PWM)channels
- SDIO controllers (2)
- UART/SPI/BSC/Joint Test Action Group (JTAG)/General-Purpose Input/Output (GPIO)
- Low-power 28 nm CMOS process
The BCM58300 is now sampling.
Broadcom Corporation (NASDAQ: BRCM), a FORTUNE 500® company, is a global leader and innovator in semiconductor solutions for wired and wireless communications. Broadcom® products seamlessly deliver voice, video, data and multimedia connectivity in the home, office and mobile environments. With the industry's broadest portfolio of state-of-the-art system-on-a-chip solutions, Broadcom is changing the world by Connecting everything®. For more information, go to www.broadcom.com.
Broadcom®, the pulse logo, Connecting everything®, the Connecting everything logo, StrataGX™ and BroadSAFE™ are among the trademarks of Broadcom Corporation and/or its affiliates in the United States, certain other countries and/or the EU. Any other trademarks or trade names mentioned are the property of their respective owners.
SOURCE Broadcom Corporation; BRCM Infrastructure & Networking