Broadcom Launches Range of Consumer Innovations at 2013 CES Launches Industry's First UltraHD TV Home Gateway Solution, New Gigabit MoCA 2.0 and Gigabit DOCSIS Families, Momentum in Connected Car, Customer Design Wins Including LG's First 5G WiFi Digital TV and New Web TV Experiences with Comcast, NETGEAR and More
LAS VEGAS, Jan. 8, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- 2013 CES International -- At the 2013 International Consumer Electronics Show (CES), Broadcom Corporation (NASDAQ: BRCM), a global innovation leader in semiconductor solutions for wired and wireless communications, unveiled a range of breakthrough innovations in digital and web television, home gateway technology, 5G WiFi ecosystem expansion, automotive Ethernet momentum, new offerings for emerging markets and customer design wins showcasing its leadership in driving connected consumer experiences in the home, hand and across the network. Learn how Broadcom® innovation is enabling the Connected Life at Broadcom@CES.
"Broadcom's extensive product portfolio, relentless focus on innovation and relationships with industry leaders highlights how the company is leading the most exciting connectivity trends in motion today," said Scott McGregor, Broadcom's President and Chief Executive Officer. "The breakthroughs we show at CES will connect people to everything and everyone in 2013 and beyond."
At CES, Broadcom will showcase how people and devices are connecting anytime, anywhere and in ways that are smarter and simpler. The company will demo its advances in Bluetooth, voice activation, near field communications (NFC), 5G WiFi/802.11ac connectivity, ubiquitous location technology, automotive connectivity and content sharing. In addition, Broadcom will highlight how its support for key industry standards such as Miracast, MoCA, HomePlug and DLNA improve consumer experience on a range of devices. All these offerings, technologies and demos highlight how Broadcom innovations are shaping a new connected lifestyle.
Broadcom CES announcements included:
- New video decoder solution enables UltraHD (4Kx2K resolution) TV into the home.
- New 5G WiFi offering enables carriers to deliver HDTV programming to more devices in the home, more reliably, with greater speed and range.
- New successful integration of Google Mobile Services with Android ICS on the Samsung Electronics SMT-E5015 Smart TV set-top box (STB), based on the Broadcom® BCM7356 satellite STB system-on-a-chip.
- Fourth generation DOCSIS 3.0 system-on-a-chip delivers industry's fastest whole-home connectivity solution.
- The Broadcom BCM6802 extends Gigabit speeds over coax throughout the home for ultra-fast TV and Internet content delivery.
- Broadcom innovations allow consumers to reliably stream HD video from mobile devices to new LG TVs.
- Comcast leverages Broadcom's connected home set-top box (STB) technology for use in the RNG150N interactive STB now shipping to subscribers.
- NETGEAR's new line of 200Mbps Powerline Adapters are powered by Broadcom's BCM60321 HomePlug AV Powerline Communications system-on-a-chip.
Broadcom Corporation (NASDAQ: BRCM), a FORTUNE 500® company, is a global leader and innovator in semiconductor solutions for wired and wireless communications. Broadcom® products seamlessly deliver voice, video, data and multimedia connectivity in the home, office and mobile environments. With the industry's broadest portfolio of state-of-the-art system-on-a-chip and embedded software solutions, Broadcom is changing the world by Connecting everything®. For more information, go to www.broadcom.com.
Broadcom®, the pulse logo, Connecting everything® and the Connecting everything logo are among the trademarks of Broadcom Corporation and/or its affiliates in the United States, certain other countries and/or the EU. Any other trademarks or trade names mentioned are the property of their respective owners.
SOURCE Broadcom Corporation; BRCM Corporate