QUINCY, Mass., Sept. 19, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Florida has the highest U.S. population of citizens older than 65, and now some of these seniors will have access to computers and personalized training to get connected. Senior living provider Brookdale and ConnectedLiving®, today announced the launch of ConnectedLiving at BSL communities throughout Florida.
Residents at many Brookdale communities across Florida can now get online using ConnectedLiving's award-winning, secure, easy-to-use, cloud-based social network. ConnectedLiving's platform includes an interface, providing secure access to the Internet, thus giving residents the enjoyment of email, photos, a library, games, and social media tools such as video chat. This technology, coupled with classes, activities, and on-site support ensures adoption and sustained usage. Using the ConnectedLiving Network, Brookdale residents gain new computer skills. This leads the residents to enjoy more frequent communication with family and friends, and benefit from the health advantages that come from increased social activity.
"Brookdale Senior Living has seen the positive results of ConnectedLiving at communities that have already implemented the program," said Sara Terry, Brookdale's Vice President of Customer Experience. "We have found access to technology combined with ConnectedLiving Ambassadors who provide onsite training and support, empower our residents to lead a more purposeful life."
In addition to the traditional model with ConnectedLiving ambassador-led trainings, Brookdale's Sterling House assisted living communities will introduce the program with resident program coordinators teaching residents and incorporating the use of technology into regular activities. Sterling House communities are intimate, single-story buildings designed and built to provide comfort, beauty and privacy.
"Integral to life at Brookdale communities are the programs, outings and opportunities for our residents to engage physically, socially and with purpose," said Terry. "ConnectedLiving is training staff at the Sterling House communities with the know-how to guide residents as they explore and master their newly developed technology skills that offer them limitless reach outside the communities' walls."
"Our mission is to transform the experience of aging in America," said Sarah Hoit, CEO and co-founder of ConnectedLiving. "When we introduce ConnectedLiving to senior communities, you wouldn't believe the reaction of the residents. Seniors enthusiastically embrace the technology to rekindle old relationships, develop new ones, and generally stay connected to the world around them."
The ConnectedLiving program is now available at these Brookdale communities in Florida:
- Homewood Residence Boca Raton Boca Raton
- Homewood Residence Boynton Beach Boynton Beach
- Freedom Village Bradenton
- Sterling House of Cape Coral Cape Coral
- Freedom Inn at Countryside Clearwater
- Homewood Residence Coconut Creek Coconut Creek
- Homewood Residence Delray Beach Delray Beach
- Sterling House of Englewood Englewood
- Grand Court Fort Myers Fort Myers
- Sterling House of Fort Myers Fort Myers
- Cypress Village Jacksonville
- Sterling House of LeHigh Acres Lehigh Acres
- Chambrel at Island Lake Longwood
- Southland Suites Melbourne
- Homewood Residence at Naples Naples
- Chambrel at Pinecastle Ocala
- Sterling House Port Charlotte Port Charlotte
- Sterling House of Punta Gorda Punta Gorda
- Bahia Oaks Lodge Sarasota
- Freedom Square Retirement Center Seminole
- Lake Seminole Square Seminole
- Freedom Plaza Sun City Center Sun City
- Freedom Inn at Bay Pines St. Petersburg
- Grand Court Tampa Tampa
- Freedom Inn at Tarpon Springs Tarpon Springs
- Grand Court Tavares Tavares
- Sand Point Senior Living Titusville
- Freedom Pointe at the Villages The Villages
- The Classic West Palm Beach West Palm Beach
Founded in 2007, ConnectedLiving® is helping senior citizens live richer, more connected lives by combining simplified technology with high-touch personal support. Through the award-winning ConnectedLiving Network, a Web-based social platform designed specifically for the senior living industry, the company brings together seniors, their families, and community administrators in a secure, private online community. Coupled with the company's unique approach to training and support, ConnectedLiving integrates social networking, distance learning, community menus and calendars, and an extensive administrator dashboard to help get entire communities online and connected. ConnectedLiving has been adopted by the most recognized thought-leaders in both the private senior living industry and the public housing authorities across the country. www.connectedliving.com
Brookdale Senior Living Inc. is a leading owner and operator of senior living communities throughout the United States. The Company is committed to providing an exceptional living experience through properties that are designed, purpose-built and operated to provide the highest-quality service, care and living accommodations for residents. Currently the Company operates independent living, assisted living, and dementia-care communities and continuing care retirement centers, with more than 650 communities in 36 states and the ability to serve over 67,000 residents. www.brookdale.com.