Brother Introduces A Digital Color Printer Under $300 Featuring Wireless Connectivity And Duplex Printing New Brother Digital Color Printers Deliver Professional Results and Big-Business Features for the Small Business Budget
BRIDGEWATER, N.J., Feb. 27, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Brother International Corporation, a leader in small business technology, today announced the launch of its new HL-3000 series of digital color LED printers that allow small businesses to produce professional-looking color documents at speeds up to 23ppm, giving them a competitive edge in the marketplace.
A recent study among small business owners by Brother reveals that presenting their business in a professional light is the most important influence for printing in color1. With this in mind, Brother recognized the need for small businesses to print high quality, professional color documents at speeds up to 23ppm without spending time and money at local copy centers or over-spending on expensive printers to get the business-focused features they wanted.
Brother's new HL-3000 printer series is an ideal solution for those needs. The low starting price of just $249.99 makes them affordable to small business owners and the new cost-saving high capacity replacement toners (approximately 2,200 pages2) can help reduce their cost per page. Additionally, fast print speeds, two-sided (duplex) capability, advanced wireless and mobile device printing; all in a compact footprint give users a host of features previously unavailable in a reliable digital color printer under $300.
"We discovered that when small businesses want professional, high-impact color printing they either went to local copy centers or had to over-spend on a printer to get the results they desire" said Steve Feldstein, Director of Marketing for Brother laser and scanner products. "We're excited to provide an affordable, compact digital color printer that not only delivers on the results, but also gives customers the features they need to be more productive in their business."
The two new digital color printer models, the HL-3140CW and the HL-3170CDW, make producing crisp black and high-impact color documents more accessible for small businesses. With the new HL-3000 series, users benefit from:
- Blazing fast print speeds – Up to 19ppm color/black (HL-3140CW) and up to 23ppm color/black (HL-3170CDW)
- High-impact color business printing – Utilizes Brother Digital LED Print Technology to print up to 600x2400 dpi resolution
- Savings – Save up to 60% by conveniently printing your color documents in-house3
- Reliability – 9 out of 10 Brother laser owners would recommend a Brother Laser Printer
- Support – Free phone support for the life of the product
To further benefit the customer, the new HL-3140CW and HL-3170CDW were designed with business-friendly enhancements to outperform in their class and to make producing professional color documents in-house fast, convenient and affordable for small business owners. The latest enhancements to the new HL-3000 series from Brother include:
Cost Saving Features
- Two-Sided (Duplex) Printing automatically produces two-sided color business documents to help save paper (HL-3170CDW)
- New High Capacity Replacement Color Toners provide approximately 8 percent lower color cost per copy versus standard capacity replacement color toners4
- Secure Function Lock limits accessibility to selected functionality on a per user basis to help reduce unnecessary use as well as paper and toner consumption
- Deep Sleep Mode uses less than one watt of power when not in use
- Auto Off Mode powers off the unit when not in use to reduce energy consumption. For more information, please visit http://www.brotherearth.com/en/ecoproduct/tech.html
- Wireless Networking support for b/g and now n access points (wireless 802.11b/g/n interface)
- Wireless Printing From Your Mobile Device via5 Google Cloud Print™, Brother iPrint&Scan (free downloadable app), Cortado Workplace and Wi-Fi Direct™
- Faster Print Speeds up to 23ppm color/black (HL-3170CDW)
The Brother HL-3140CW and HL-3170CDW will be available in March 2013 with estimated street prices of $249.99 6 and $279.996, respectively.
For more information on the Brother HL-3000 series of digital color printers, please visit www.Brother.com.
Estimated Street Price: $249.99 6
- Fast color and black printing – up to 19ppm
- High-impact business printing – at up to 600x2400 dpi resolution using Brother Digital LED print technology
- Wireless 802.11b/g/n and Hi-Speed USB 2.0 interfaces
- High capacity color toners available (approx. 2,200 pgs)2
- Deep sleep mode – uses <1W when not in use
- Wireless printing from your mobile device5 via Google Cloud Print™, Brother iPrint&Scan (free downloadable app), CortadoWorkplace and Wi-Fi Direct™
- Large input paper capacity of 250 sheets – adjustable for letter or legal, plus a single-sheet manual feed slot for envelope printing or thicker media
- One year limited warranty with free phone support for the life of the product
Estimated Street Price: $279.99 6
The same features as the HL-3140CW, plus:
- Fast color and black printing - up to 23ppm
- Automatic duplex printing
- Ethernet interface
- PCL6 and BR-Script37 emulations
Brother International Corporation is one of the premier providers of products for the home, home office and office. The U.S. corporate office in Bridgewater, N. J., was established on April 21, 1954 and currently markets many industrial products, home appliances and business products manufactured by its parent company, Brother Industries, Ltd. of Nagoya, Japan.
These products include an award-winning line of Multi-Function Center® machines and printers. Brother also provides the number-one line of facsimile machines in the U.S. and is the leader in electronic labeling, with its full line of P-touch® Electronic Labeling Systems. For more information you can visit the website at www.brother.com.
1 Based on study conducted December 2012 by B2B International.
2Approximate yield in accordance with ISO/IEC 19798 (Letter/A4).
3Based on Brother cost per copy (MSRP) calculation vs. nationwide copy centers as of October 2012.
See www.brothertalks.com/colortalks for details.
4 TN225 (CMY) vs. TN221 (CMY). Up to 7.5% claim based on cost per copy using cartridge MSRP. TN225 cartridge is sold separately.
5 Requires connection to a wireless network. See www.brother.com for details, availability, and mobile device compatibility.
6 Estimated street price, prices may vary.
7Postscript 3 compatible
All trademarks and registered trademarks referenced herein are the property of their respective companies. Cortado is a trademark of Cortado AG. All specifications subject to change without notice.
Working with you for a better environment
At Brother, our green initiative is simple. We strive to take responsibility, act respectfully and try to make a positive difference to help build a society where sustainable development can be achieved. We call this approach Brother Earth. www.brotherearth.com
SOURCE Brother International Corporation