ST. LOUIS, Jan. 30, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- The hotly-anticipated Bud Light Hotel will open its doors tonight, but the construction has been underway for the four-day celebration of football, music and entertainment for nearly two weeks.
The brand-new cruise ship that will house nearly 3,000 Bud Light guests during football's biggest weekend docked at pier 88 on the Hudson River yesterday, just in time for football's biggest weekend. Here is a "by the numbers" snapshot of some of the elements involved in the staging of Bud Light Hotel New York:
- 2: ships (a brand-new cruise ship and the Intrepid Sea, Air & Space Museum)
- 4: days and nights of exclusive parties and VIP concerts at Bud Light Hotel
- 11: number of musical acts confirmed to perform at Bud Light Hotel, including Foo Fighters, Imagine Dragons, The Roots and Fall Out Boy
- 13: days it took to transform the full event space into the Bud Light Hotel
- 45: bars and restaurants open to Hotel guests throughout the weekend
- 1,500: man-hours required to turn the two ships and surrounding space into Bud Light Hotel New York
- 1,900: staterooms on the cruise ship
- 4,000: approximate number of guests attending Bud Light Hotel nightly events
- 300,000: square feet of event space at Bud Light Hotel
As part of the makeover that changed two ships into Bud Light Hotel New York, the brand constructed the Bud Light Hotel Amphitheatre – a heated concert venue across the street from the Intrepid that will host the weekend's nightly concerts and parties – and the Bud Light Hotel Lounge – a two-level, 1,500-person venue adjacent to the Intrepid – that will house hospitality activations during the day as well as late-night events.
The full schedule for the Bud Light Hotel festivities is as follows:
Thursday, Jan. 30
- EA SPORTS and Bud Light host "The Roots Present Hip Hop NYC" featuring RUN DMC, Busta Rhymes and special guests
- EA SPORTS Madden Bowl XX, with NFL players and celebrities competing against each other in Madden NFL 25
Friday, Jan. 31
- Bud Light hosts the "Pandora Presents" party featuring Imagine Dragons, Walk the Moon and Aloe Blacc
- After-party hosted by Playboy featuring Nelly & Friends
Saturday, Feb. 1
- Bud Light Main Event concert with Foo Fighters and Zac Brown Band
- After-party hosted by Facebook featuring Zedd
Sunday, Feb. 2
- Pepsi and Bud Light present a pre-game concert with Fall Out Boy and Jake Owen
Even those who aren't at Bud Light Hotel New York can experience the excitement. Select performances from the Thursday, Friday and Saturday concerts will be streamed live for fans 21 and older and available as video-on-demand on a number of locations online, including the Bud Light YouTube page (www.youtube.com/budlight), Bud Light Twitter profile (www.Twitter.com/BudLight), E! Online (www.eonline.com), Pandora (audio only) and the AXS mobile app. Check out Foo Fighters performance on Bud Light YouTube page, Bud Light Twitter, and budlighthotel.com.
For additional information, visit www.BudLightHotel.com.
NOTES TO MEDIA:
Only pre-approved, credentialed press will be able to gain admittance to the events. For more media information on the Bud Light Hotel, please visit Media.BudLightHotel.com.
About Bud Light
Introduced in 1982, Bud Light is a premium light lager with a superior drinkability that has made it the best-selling and most popular beer in the United States. Bud Light is brewed using a blend of premium aroma hop varieties, both American-grown and imported, and a combination of barley malts and rice. The light-bodied beer features a fresh, clean and subtle hop aroma, delicate malt sweetness and a crisp finish that delivers the ultimate refreshment. For more information, visit www.BudLight.com.
For more information, contact:
Phillip Cleveland, 314-577-9637
Meredith Brengle, 314-552-6781
SOURCE Bud Light