LAS VEGAS, April 26, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- SUITEWORLD 2017 -- Oracle NetSuite Global Business Unit (GBU), the industry's leading provider of cloud financials / ERP, HR and omnichannel commerce software suites, today announced that BUILT/, a new company supported by a leading UK based organization in the sector, has selected NetSuite's unified cloud commerce platform to support its omnichannel B2B business.
Officially unveiled today at SuiteWorld, BUILT/ aims to make it quicker and easier for professional builders to source materials for their projects, placing a greater focus on providing a superior brand experience with a digital-first approach designed around the customer. Offering both online and brick-and-mortar channels, BUILT/ will run its entire business on the NetSuite unified cloud commerce platform including ecommerce, point-of-sale, order and inventory management, CRM and financials. With NetSuite, BUILT/ will have a flexible, scalable platform that can help manage the business through every stage of its growth.
"We wanted a single, flexible platform that avoided silos of information and had the flexibility to change as the business evolved," said Nick Thomas, CEO of BUILT/. "When evaluating options, it was clear that only NetSuite would be able to support our approach of 'start small, grow fast'."
Meeting the needs of small and midsize builders who source materials on a project-by-project basis, BUILT/'s mobile-optimized webstore, powered by NetSuite SuiteCommerce Advanced, will allow materials to be sourced more easily and builders will be able to order materials and have them shipped to the project site or collected in store.
Further unifying the online and in-store experience, a project product list can be created online. The customer can visit a local store and have a sales associate access their saved project list utilizing the NetSuite SuiteCommerce InStore point-of-sale (POS) system and work with them to finalize the list and complete the purchase in store. Products that a builder finds in store, but is not ready to purchase, can be added to their ecommerce cart or list and transacted later online or during another store visit.
With SuiteCommerce Advanced and SuiteCommerce InStore, which are natively unified with NetSuite's order and inventory management system, real-time product availability can be shown online. Store associates will have visibility into inventory anywhere in the business, enabling them to fulfill orders from any inventory location be it a store, distribution center or even drop ship from a supplier.
"Our mission is to make the entire purchasing experience as painless and efficient as possible. Greater convenience and ease of doing business rank among our customers' top priorities. With NetSuite, we intend to ensure we support these customer expectations," said Thomas.
NetSuite's unified commerce platform will deliver the following benefits to BUILT/:
- More than online purchasing. In addition to providing a great online purchasing experience with SuiteCommerce Advanced, builders can set up an online account that will allow them to get their purchase history, check their account balance, pay invoices online and more.
- Modern POS system. With full POS capabilities for conducting complex transactions, SuiteCommerce InStore also enables store associates to better engage with customers by empowering them with full access to customer, order and inventory information.
- Single customer view. All customer information is captured in a single repository, providing a 360-degree view of all customer activity, including purchases, returns, exchanges, store visits, service requests and marketing campaigns.
- Built-in business intelligence. BUILT/ will have real-time access to its business performance across customer, order and inventory data for better decision making, and advanced reporting to provide detailed financial reports to its parent company.
- Streamlined IT with low cost and complexity. NetSuite's proven, secure cloud solution eliminates the hassles of managing, maintaining and upgrading business applications while allowing the company to quickly and easily set up new outlets as the company grows.
- A scalable platform that can grow with the company. NetSuite provides a highly scalable platform for growth, with the ability to quickly and easily add functionality as BUILT/ opens new stores and expands across the UK.
About Oracle NetSuite Global Business Unit
Oracle NetSuite Global Business Unit pioneered the Cloud Computing revolution in 1998, establishing the world's first company dedicated to delivering business applications over the internet. Today, Oracle NetSuite Global Business Unit provides a suite of cloud-based financials / Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP), HR and omnichannel commerce software that runs the business of companies in more than 100 countries. For more information, please visit www.netsuite.com.
Oracle offers a comprehensive and fully integrated stack of cloud applications and platform services. For more information about Oracle (NYSE: ORCL), visit www.oracle.com.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/built-launches-innovative-omnichannel-company-on-the-netsuite-unified-cloud-commerce-platform-300445285.html
SOURCE Oracle NetSuite Global Business Unit