MIAMI, May 1, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- To celebrate National Burger Month, the fire-grilling experts at the BURGER KING® brand (NYSE: BKW) surveyed* more than 150,000 people in U.S. on their grilling preferences and burger eating habits. Known for fire-grilling burgers rather than frying them, the BURGER KING® brand investigated the ties between personality attributes and burger preparation.
Flame-grilled burgers win in a landslide for both sexes – 8:1 for men and 5:1 for women:
- People who prefer flame-grilled burgers are the happiest among those surveyed
- People who prefer flame-grilled burgers are the most self-confident among those surveyed
- Men prefer grilled burgers almost 8:1 over fried burgers – and those who prefer grilled on average are better looking*
When asked "How do you like your burgers?" responses conclude that U.S. burger eaters like to play it safe, but are also high maintenance:
- They keep things simple: 35% of men and 45% of women like their burgers "Basic: ketchup, mustard, pickles"
- They want it all: 50% of men and 40% of women like their burgers "Deluxe: bacon, mushrooms, BBQ sauce"
- They like it wild: 12% of men and 7% of women like their burgers "Crazy: Fried eggs, jalapeños, peanut butter"
Expanding on their already diverse burger menu items including the iconic WHOPPER® sandwich, the BURGER KING® brand recently introduced the Turkey Burger, Veggie Burger, Chipotle WHOPPER® sandwich and Bacon Cheddar Stuffed Burger to continue providing great tasting burger options.
About Burger King Worldwide, Inc. Founded in 1954, BURGER KING® (NYSE: BKW) is the second largest fast food hamburger chain in the world. The original HOME OF THE WHOPPER®, the BURGER KING® system operates in over 13,000 locations serving more than 11 million guests daily in 88 countries and territories worldwide. Approximately 97 percent of BURGER KING® restaurants are owned and operated by independent franchisees, many of them family-owned operations that have been in business for decades. To learn more about Burger King Worldwide, please visit the company's website at www.bk.com or follow us on Facebook and Twitter.
*Survey Methodology This survey was conducted online within the United States by OK! Cupid on behalf of the BURGER KING® brand from April 22-25, 2013 among more than 150,000 adults ages 18 and older. Respondents answered online questions and the responses were cross-tabulated with peer assessments. This online survey is not based on a probability sample and therefore no estimate of theoretical sampling error can be calculated. For complete survey methodology, including weighting variables, please contact Brooke Scher Mogan at ALISON BROD PUBLIC RELATIONS at 212.230.1800/Brooke@alisonbrodpr.com.
SOURCE Burger King Worldwide, Inc.