Burleson LLP Hosts Lawyers Associated Worldwide 2014 Americas Regional Meeting
HOUSTON, March 6, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Burleson LLP is hosting the 2014 Americas Regional Meeting of Lawyers Associated Worldwide (LAW) that is underway through March 8 at the Four Seasons Hotel in Houston.
The event is being attended by 65 attorneys, representing 46 law firms from 16 countries in North America and South America. Conference sessions will address a wide range of issues influencing legal practices throughout the Americas, including topics related to energy, general counsel, foreign company rights and judgments, and business development.
"We're delighted to be in Houston for our 2014 Americas Regional Meeting," said Bill Savarino, Chairman of LAW, which is celebrating its 25th anniversary this year. "LAW's members in Canada, the United States, Central America, and South America have clients that do business in Houston, which is widely regarded as the heart of America's booming energy sector.
"We take great pride in the work of all of our members, including Burleson LLP," he added. "It takes a dynamic firm to meet the legal needs of the worldwide oil and gas industry, and Burleson is leading the way in that regard both within LAW and throughout the broader marketplace. We're proud to have them host and participate in this event and are looking forward to learning more about expanding opportunities in Houston for our clients."
Rick Burleson, Managing Partner of Burleson LLP, said that the decision to host the LAW event reflected the firm's continued strategy to expand its scope of services both in terms of practice areas and geography.
"We recently began a Latin American practice group that represents clients in a variety of industries in a broad range of local and cross-border matters in the region," he explained. "That's part of a larger effort to bring more capabilities to clients in and out of the energy industry, and our participation in this meeting underscores that commitment."
Five attorneys from the firm will be featured in the seminar, including:
- Rick Burleson, who has more than 30 years of experience in the oil and gas industry and a broad business practice in the areas of mergers and acquisitions, corporate finance, and energy.
- Pittsburgh Managing Partner Kevin Colosimo, whose extensive background includes oil and gas litigation, energy law, business and contract law, international trade, and creditors' rights.
- Mark Jones, a partner in Houston who is well versed in representing buyers and sellers in mergers, acquisitions, and dispositions of companies in a broad range of industries, principally energy, financial services, manufacturing, transportation, and technology.
- San Antonio Managing Partner Alex Perez, who has more than 15 years of experience representing U.S. and non-U.S. businesses in domestic and international matters related to a range of areas, including corporate law, finance, tax, and mergers and acquisitions.
- Midland Partner-in-Charge, Pat Long Weaver, a veteran trial lawyer whose broad-based experience in oil and gas law includes litigation and environmental issues.
About Lawyers Associated Worldwide
Lawyers Associated Worldwide is an association of over 100 independent law firms located in over 180 commercial centers throughout the world. Membership in LAW allows member firms to service the legal needs of clients on a global level. For further information, visit www.lawyersworldwide.com.
About Burleson LLP
Burleson LLP is a full-service law firm devoted primarily to the oil and gas industry. Burleson is unique in being on the ground in every key North American market, serving both traditional production and unconventional shale plays as well as the Permian Basin, and offers a distinct blend of legal understanding and technical skill. The firm's attorneys have worked as petroleum engineers, chemists, landmen, and geologists, and more than a third have served as inside legal counsel for oil and gas companies. These qualifications – combined with Burleson's broad geographic reach and comprehensive scope of services – have earned the firm a reputation for providing clients with the most seasoned, energy-specific team in the legal profession. For further information, visit www.burlesonllp.com.
SOURCE Burleson LLP