NEW YORK, Dec. 3, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Burson-Marsteller, a leading global strategic communications and public relations firm, today announced it was named Latin America Agency of the Year at the 2015 Latin America SABRE Awards and also won seven gold SABRE Awards. Presented by leading industry publication The Holmes Report, the awards provide the premier showcase for the best public relations campaigns across the Latin American region. The Latin America SABRE Awards were presented at a ceremony in Sao Paulo on December 2, 2015.
"We are thrilled once again to be named Latin America Agency of the Year by The Holmes Report," said Don Baer, Worldwide Chair and CEO, Burson-Marsteller. "Burson-Marsteller has been committed to this crucial global region for nearly four decades and our thriving team remains dedicated to excellence on behalf of our clients. This honor and the seven Gold SABRE awards we won tonight showcase the demonstrable impact we make for our clients across industry sectors through our commitment to ideas-driven, evidence-based, results-oriented communications."
In addition to being named Agency of the Year, Burson-Marsteller also won:
- Gold SABRE Award in the Caribbean & Central America Category – Honduras' Country Brand Contest—The Government of Honduras with Burson-Marsteller Miami
- Gold SABRE Award in the Mexico Category – "360 Degree Storytelling" — Ford Mexico with Burson-Marsteller Mexico
- Gold SABRE Award in the South America Category: The Technology for Peace-Building—Microsoft with Burson-Marsteller Colombia
- Gold SABRE Award in the Food & Beverage Category – Sagres-Amstel Launch: Giving the Consumer Freedom of Choice—Heineken with Burson-Marsteller Brazil
- Gold SABRE Award in the Healthcare Category – Diabetes Urbana—Novo Nordisk with Burson-Marsteller Colombia
- Gold SABRE Award in the Not for Profit Category – Gen Cero— Fundacien Exito with Burson-Marsteller Colombia
- Gold SABRE Award in the Public Affairs Category – Yacimientos No Convencionales—Asociacion Colombiana del Petroleo with Burson-Marsteller Colombia
Added Ramiro Prudencio, CEO, Burson-Marsteller Latin America, "We are extremely grateful to again be named Latin America Agency of the Year by The Holmes Report and for the continued trust our clients place in us to help them build their businesses in the region. This honor and the campaign awards underscore the incredible work being done every day throughout our network of 13 wholly owned and three affiliate offices. In 2016 we will celebrate 40 years in this region whose critical importance to the global economy increases every day. We look forward to continuing our tradition of excellence in the region for many years to come."
Burson-Marsteller, established in 1953, is a leading strategic communications and global public relations firm. It provides clients with strategic thinking and program execution across a full range of public relations, public affairs, reputation and crisis management, advertising and digital strategies. The firm's seamless worldwide network consists of 73 offices and 85 affiliate offices, together operating in 110 countries across six continents. Burson-Marsteller is a part of Young & Rubicam Group, a subsidiary of WPP (NASDAQ: WPPGY), the world's leading communications services network. For more information, please visit www.burson-marsteller.com.